2: Moska

The feeling of my feet touching the solid ground was a moment of great relief. The grass tickling my toes made my giggle turn into an appreciative laugh that morphed into a satisfied sigh.

"Thank the gods we're here," I murmured into the sky, glad not to be a part of it anymore.

The rest of the pack experienced the same kind of euphoria I did when we finally touched down and weren't airborne anymore. Though my first time flying had been such an exhilarating feeling, the second time had been torture compared to it. Maybe I had been on the wrong dragon.

Reagan did not land where we did. He continued his flight inland, whereas Ryker, Tyrion and Dante landed near the coastline. Ryker said that the prisons were down at the beach and the traitors needed to be taken care of first, before we were allowed to properly enter Polla'Nisia.

The Thrakos brothers were not in their dragonic forms, so the three of them had to hold the three traitors. They had used some kind of magic to bind both their feet and their hands together, making their steps limited.

The walk towards the ocean was slow and had my nerves on edge. I did not trust the three of them, especially since they had barely said anything since they were captured and hadn't even attempted to get away. It made my gut turn into knots with worry, because I knew something bad was going to happen.

It didn't make any sense that they didn't even put up a fight after they tried to kill Ryker. They had gone through so much trouble to even be in Everett Valley, gain my trust and build a life there. Getting Keeth Dust, using it on Ryker...

It all did not add up to a foreseeable plan. What was it that they'd wanted?

And then a chilling thought went through my mind.

What if they'd wanted to get caught?

With Reece and Emmet walking beside me, I stared at Dante's back. He had a blade in one hand, touching Shyla's lower back with the tip of it. His other hand was grabbing her upper arm. Ryker and Tyrion were both doing the same with Tyler and Holden. I wondered if I should stop them now or after they'd put the traitors into the prison.

Torn, I tried to think about what I would do if anything should happen before they even got the chance to put them behind bars.

I wasn't strong enough to influence the three of them at the same time if they'd spontaneously decide to break loose of their bindings. Emmet nudged me from the side and when I looked at him, a questioning look lined his face.