10: New Acquaintances

The rooms that we were provided with were lavish and way too big for one person alone

The rooms that we were provided with were lavish and way too big for one person alone. I marveled at the brilliance of it all, even though I felt greatly out of place in such expensive and luxurious surroundings. I felt like I did back in the throne room––so small and dirty compared to the size of this palace. Adding to that, I was overwhelmed that the Queen had apparently found it appropriate to give us each a room. Emmet had one, Reece, Debrova, Jaxxon, Leana and Cora. Leizer had seemed taken aback when we said that we were the only ones around, which made me think that they had probably been pre-informed that we would be arriving. Considering we'd found out about Holden's treachery quite a while ago, I wondered when exactly the Thrakos men had announced our participation in this entire situation. It made my stomach turn into a knot not knowing what was going on half the time, especially what the Thrakos brothers was concerned.

The walls of my room were, characteristically, made of marble like the rest of the building was. The style in which the room was decorated in was posh, to say the least. All the furniture was colour-matched to the curtains and the paintings, everything varying in different shades of gold, which underlined the luxury aspect of it. It was constructed in a U shape, the bend of it was the foyer, kind of. Where the entrance door was and a room to welcome whoever had the pleasure of housing here. Taking a right lead to the bedroom with a walk-in closet. The other side of the U shape was a bathroom, and it was just as large as the bedroom. In the center of the room, just across from the entrance door, were roof-length double doors leading to an insanely large balcony. It had enough space for a dragon to land­­­­––considering Reagan was my promised, I suspected I was the only one aside from Kendra who had a balcony of these measurements. Alongside the railing of the balcony were little bushes cut in rectangular shapes, planted in vase-like pots that had handles on both sides. They were made of white stone, like the exterior walls were of the palace.

A knock on my door sounded when I was about to step onto the balcony, freshly showered and washed. My hair was still damp, but I answered the door anyway. To my surprise, it was Leizer, though a part of me had hoped it would be Reagan, checking in on me.

I should have known better than to hope of such silly things.

As I pulled the door towards me and Leizer's gaze found mine, a smile appeared on his handsome features. His nose was small, but he had full lips and nicely arched eyebrows. His skin was fair and the colour of his hair was chestnut brown. All in all, he was a good looking fellow. "Hi. So, it's safe to say I know who you are," he began and waited for my response.

I wasn't sure what to say, so I didn't say anything.

"You lot don't really talk much, do you?" he continued and again I had no idea what to reply.

He scratched his head, apparently slightly uncomfortable. I thought it was cute that he was making an effort to have a conversation. It really was ridiculous, considering everything that had been going on.