Xingqiu • Bedtime Stories

"Oh, your still awake? You're tired, darling

"Oh, your still awake? You're tired, darling. Please get some rest."

It had been a long day in Liyue, Xingqiu had been busy with being the head of the Feiyun Commerce Guild while you had been out with the Adepti, learning their previous ways of life and how Liyue was hundreds of years ago.

But finally, the day came to an end and it was time to kick back for awhile. It was yours and Xingiu's favorite part of the day, laying down in bed and listening to him read to you.

You were in the kitchen prepping hot chocolates for the night since Liyue had a cold front coming in, the chilly breeze blew into your room and the curtains flowed with the wind.

As you added the milk to your hot chocolates, you stirred the liquid in the mugs and added a few marshmallows. The smell carried it's way around the house, and you felt better already.

You had already changed your clothes and you were just waiting for your nerd to come back home, usually he'd come home with a few books in his hands for you and him to read together.

Suddenly, something hit your front door and a loud, "Owww!" Came from the other side, the doorknob was fiddled with and eventually twisted open.

Xingqiu walked through with a book in his hand, cracked open. He was too busy reading that he didn't realize where he was going, and smacked right into the door of your home.

"Well hello." You said with two mugs in your hand, Xingqiu looked up with a smile on his face. "Y/N!" He said and came over to you to place a kiss on your forehead. "How was your day?" He asked you, placing a book on the countertop.

You nodded at him, "Ganyu is doing well and Xiao is... well, Xiao is Xiao." You said and frowned, "They believe I have the chance to become an adepti, but I'm not sure if I want that." You said, your eyebrows furrowing.

You offered a mug of hot chocolate to Xingqiu which he took and went into your shared bedroom, continuing your conversation as he changed clothes.

"Well, you could always sleep on it. You don't have to give them an answer tomorrow." Your lover said, a shirt being throw across the room and into the hamper. You knew he was teasing you.

" I guess you're right. What book are we reading tonight?" You asked him, turning towards the windows where the starry night sky twinkled down at the two of you.

"I brought the Boar Princess home." Xingqiu responded with, excitement filling your heart as you both knew it was your favorite book to read together.  "Really?" You said and turned around, Xingqiu coming out of your bedroom to grab the book he placed on the countertop.

"Come, let's go read." He said, the both of you excited to start your night together. The hydro vision bearer ran into your room and flopped on your bed, his arms out open for you.

You dove into his arms, the two of you showering each other with kisses from the long day you both had. "I missed you." You said, resting your head on his chest as you both got comfortable. "I missed you more, darling." Xingqiu put his head ontop of yours and cracked the book open.

He flipped through the pages until he got to chapter one, Xingqiu cleared his voice above you and began to read. "In the forest was the Boar Kingdom, where everybody lived happily under the reign of the Boar King."

His arms wrapped around you tighter at the next part, "The King had a lovely young daughter, who had the prettiest snout," His fingers went down the bridge of your nose as he spoke, "the whitest tusks," he tugged on your cheek and finished his sentence, "and the smoothest fur in the whole kingdom."

Xingqiu's hands ran through your hair, a smile forming on your face while his fingers remained in your hair. His words rang out in your head like a lullaby, he was slowly putting you to sleep.

As his fingers danced in your hair, it soothed your mind from the stressful day you had. You were all snuggled up against Xingqiu, "The Boar Princess, beautiful and kind, gave the juiciest and sweetest fruits to her subjects every day." He spoke the next part of the chapter.

Your eyes shut and you listened to the hydro vision bearer's heartbeat.
Ba-dum, ba-dum, ba-dum

It pounded against his chest, his fingers working wonders against your scalp. Suddenly, Xingqiu's reading stopped and the book in his hand quietly shut. You stirred and lifted up your head.

"Oh, your still awake? You're tired, darling. Please get some rest." His voice called out to you from above, the book being put to the side on your nightstand. You didn't argue with what Xingqiu said.

You turned your head into the inside of your man's neck, innocently placing kiss after kiss. A giggle escaped his mouth and he once again tightened his arms around you, the two of you eventually submitting to your sleepy minds.

Both of you were wrapped together in blankets and legs completely tangled, your hair would be completely ruined by tomorrow morning. But, all that mattered to you at the very moment was being in the bookworm's arms.