Lumine • Where is my Brother?

"He's not all that you have, Lumine

"He's not all that you have, Lumine. I'm right here."

You held on tight to Lumine's hand as she began screaming at Paimon, tears streaming down the precious girl's face from how many times Paimon had threw her into helping others while nobody besides yourself, had helped her find her brother.

It has been months since she last saw him when she had been around Dainsleif, her heartbroken face killed you after he left her to go back into the portal with the Abyss.

"You've always dragged me into countless situations where I always have to help but nobody will help me!" Her sobs broke your heart and you stopped yourself from reaching out to her, she needed to get these feelings off her chest.

"You've done nothing but push me further and further away from my only family! The only person I have left!" She screamed and you tightened her grip on her, Paimon's usual happy face was now tear stained.

"I'm done. Don't follow me, don't look for me, I don't need you or a travel guide." Paimon's floating figure sunk to the ground in defeat, her pure heart now crumbling into pieces. You felt torn between the two, but Lumine was your beloved.

Tears dripped onto the ground and you watched as the girl took off, brushing past your shoulder. You frowned at this and sat down next to Paimon, who couldn't help but sob continuously. She had just lost her best friend.

"Paimon..." you said, and picked up her small frame to give her a hug. Her tiny arms wrapped around your neck and she held on tight, her body shaking with sobs. "I promise, she didn't mean it. She just really really wants to find her brother. He's the only family she's got, and the only person who truly had given her a good lead is Dainsleif."

Paimon nods her little head and wipes away her tears, "But... she's right. Paimon does always drag us into helping others when they can't even help us themselves."

She picks herself up and floats again, a small smile forming on her face. "Will you talk to her for Paimon? Make sure she's okay? I don't like seeing the traveler like this." You nodded at her response, "Of course, I won't let her be alone."

You got up and waved Paimon goodbye, a her small sad smile still on her face. You were determined to make things right, but you weren't sure how Lumine felt.

You saw Lumine's small frame overlooking Liyue's vast mountains, you walked up next to her silently. A empty, hollow look was in her eyes, it terrified you.