Cyno • Sumeru

'Cyno didn't realize how much he really missed you, you had been the only person who had called him cute or even cared for him'

You had been out on a mission to give a letter to the Dendro Archon who had ruled over Sumeru, Zhongli had entrusted the letter to you for your efforts of traveling with Lumine these last few months.

You had all been very close, but it had been months since the Traveler went to Inazuma. You understood clearly on what she had planned in her mind, and it was one goal only, to get her brother back.

You couldn't blame her at all, you had been there when Lumine and Dainsleif fought off the Abyss Herald. Aether had popped up and had been working with the wrong side, you feared the worst.

Your footsteps echoed around the forest you had been, it was hot and humid, the wet and muggy temperatures had been sticking to your skin. You groaned as you noticed a stream was ahead of you, and the only way to get through it, was to go in it.

You were familiar with only one person in Sumeru, and it was a man named Cyno. He had happened to cross by Mondstadt before the Traveler had ever come to Teyvat. He had crossed paths with you and gave you ideas on what exactly Sumeru was like, and how grand it really was.

You missed your friend as it's been years since you've seen him, not to mention you both really hit it off as friends. You teased him too much about his hair always being in his face and how you couldn't ever see his pretty eyes from how he'd try to hide in his hood, thanks to you, he's worked on that since.

"Leave it up to me, Zhongli. It's fine! Don't let anyone else go! Because I know exactly where I'm going in Sumeru!"

You sighed, and looked up to see if any vines had been hanging down close enough for you to grab onto. A tree a few meters away had plenty of vines hanging down, it was clear that you had been in a rainforest. The tops of the trees loomed in on you, and it was obvious by how many bugs had been attempting to swarm around your head.

You walked up to the tree and began climbing onto it, your hands getting small slivers in them. You winced and eventually pulled yourself up onto the branch, you huffed, "There's a reason why we stick to fighting, not swinging across rivers like Tarzan!"

Your hands ripped the vine and you used it to stand up onto the branch, but the moment you did, you heard a loud, crack!

Your eyes widened and you noticed the branch below your feet shook from how unstable it was, it would break within seconds, you looked to the other side of the river, a cliff ledge was waiting for you.