Kujou Sara • Mistake

"Lovers? We would have been

"Lovers? We would have been."

The battle rang out on the field, it was the Watatsumi Army against the Tenryou Command. Your polearm swung at the soldiers on the opposite side, you refused to hold yourself back. The determination in you to cease the Vision Hunt Decree was raging in you, you knew that taking visions was wrong.

You slashed at at soldiers, cutting them down like they were nothing. Your blade striking armor and flesh, the sharp metal slicing and dicing whatever was in its path. Gorou was beside you with Kokomi above you, healing any soldiers with wounds.

Arrows had been flying through the air, screams rang out and battle cries filled the atmosphere. A Tenryou soldier had pushed you which caused you to fall on your side, your polearm clattering to the ground beside you.

The soldier had a sword swinging down at you until another arrow had pierced the soldier's shoulder, he groaned outloud and fell to the ground. You looked up to see Gorou, who nodded and smiled down at you. "Can't have you falling down now!" He said and grabbed your arm, pulling you back to your feet.

Your hands gripped onto the polearm that was pushed back into your hands, your vision catching the eye of a certain someone who you vowed was your enemy until only short while ago.

Kujou Sara had been looking at you, aiming at you with an arrow. You grinned at her while walking around her slowly, "Still worshipping where the Shogun walks?" You said to her, gripping tightly onto your polearm.

"The Shogun has every right to take Visions away as she pleases. You are simply in the way of Inazuma's glory, now step aside." The commander said and began firing arrows at you, but you moved too quickly for her. Arrows breezed by you as you ran towards her, slashing your weapon at her.

The Watatsumi Army pushed with you as you ran up to Kujou Sara, the woman getting frustrated as she realized she was losing her battle quickly. The history between you and the Commander was nothing but a wicked love story, you two knew you'd get in a heap of trouble if your relationship were to ever be discovered.

You hated that politics had to be in the middle of your love life, it was disgusting. But unfortunately, that's how Inazuma worked. It was either you handed over your Vision, or fought against it.

Sara purposely missed her shots even if it was hard for anyone else to tell that the battle you fought against her was just an act. Your polearm still swung at her but she had smoothly dodged your attacks, giving her plenty of time to make a move.

It was only a matter of time until one of the Tenryou Command's soldiers had fired an arrow at you, taking you off guard. The arrow plunged into your chest and you let out a blood churning scream, everyone's attention on you as you crumpled to the ground.

Kujou Sara watched in horror as you fell before her, the forbidden love you once had was flashing before her eyes. The soldiers under her command were cheering for the man who had defeated one of the resistance's powerful allies, a pool of blood around your body had begun to form.

The Commander fell to her knees in shock, Gorou immediately backing you up. His fist met with Sara's face, the woman groaning and falling to her back while the general had carried your limp body away.

Sangonomiya Kokomi's face was panicked and bubbles appeared all over the resistance's side, healing any soldier that had a wound. Kujou Sara watched Gorou scream your name, tears were streaming down his face. You and Sara knew well about the General's feelings for you, there was nothing he wouldn't do for you.

Your chest had stopped moving, the arrow was lodged well in your chest. Kokomi had her hands over the fatal wound, her healing magic hadn't been doing an inch of justice. The fear in her eyes was dramatically increasing when she realized that not even herself could do a thing to heal the life threatening injury.

Gorou cradled your head in his arms while Sara watched the whole thing before her, she rose to her feet and slowly made her way towards the high ranking Watatsumi officers and Leader. Her red platform shoes touching the blood stained dirt, the no man's land battle had ceased fire.

Kujou Sara stopped before Kokomi and Gorou, Kazuha was rushing over as well from behind the Resistance's leader. He fell to his knees at seeing his fallen friend, tears pricking his own eyes. It was what happened to Toma all over again, and there was nothing he could do.

Sara dropped back to her knees and sat by your head, her hand caressing your hair. "Get away from them!" Gorou screamed, a low growl from his voice turned into a loud bark. Her lips went down and pressed against your forehead, everyone's eyes widened at the contact.

"Were you and Y/n...?" Kokomi began and Kujou Sara finished for her, "Lovers? We would have been." She said with a blank face, her whole state in complete shock. Her tone was ice cold, another mistake had taken it's coarse in her life.

Everyone's eyes fell down, Kujou Sara was not the one to be blamed. It was too late for their future, the life from Y/N's eyes had been long gone. The woman silently got up and returned to her soldiers, the man who had killed her late lover had casted down his eyes.

Her eyes stayed forward and walked back to her residence without a word to the army she brought with her. Gorou, Kokomi and Kazuha carried your body back to the Watatsumi Island Shrine where you would be given a proper burial and ceremony for your war efforts.

The Commander had collapsed in her own home, tears streaming down her cheeks. You were in her home not even a week ago, the two of you exchanging kiss after kiss.

She could still hear your beautiful voice bouncing off the walls in her home, it wasn't long ago where Kujou Sara's smile was brighter than the stars themselves because of you. But now, it would take years until the slightest hint of a grin could ever take it's place on her lips.

Her cries echoed through out the hallways and the empty rooms in her home, wishing that a miracle would happen. Her pleads wouldn't be answered, Celestia was too cruel for miracles.

The poor woman didn't even get to say her true feelings or a proper goodbye, your body was whisked away from her. There was no way that Sara would receive an invitation for your funeral after her soldier had been the one to kill her, the Watatsumi Officer's would simply see it as too cruel.

There was absolutely no hope in her heart, she lost her chances with you for eternity.

Don't worry, a happy oneshot for Kujou Sara is in the works :)

Also, next oneshot will be Kazuha's pt.2 :)