Mona • Star Gazing

"We need more times like this, just me and you

"We need more times like this, just me and you." Mona said softly while caressing your cheek

Your head was rested on Mona's stomach and you faced the starry night sky above you both, yours and hers hands were linked together as you watched the stars in peace. You enjoyed the gorgeous view before yourself, the smiles on your faces were almost brighter than the stars themselves.

A shooting star stretched across the sky, sprinting for its destination. "What did you wish for?" Mona's soft voice said from above you, "Hm?" You asked and looked up at her, "The shooting star! You must make a wish!" She said excitedly and her eyes lit up down at you.

You grinned, "Whatever do I have to wish for? My wish has already came true." You flirted with her, her cheeks instantly reddening. "Y/N, you're such a smooth talker." She giggled at you and gripped your hand tighter, she sat up.

She looked directly down at you, one of her pigtails tangling down. She bent over and kissed your forehead ever so gently, your cheeks heated up instantly from how gentle she had treated your skin. The back of her hand went against your cheek and your hand reached up to grab it, her green eyes had only you in her pupils.

You sat up with her hand still on your cheek and your hand on hers, your faces had been inches from hers. "Our future looks so bright." She said with rosy cheeks, you laughed at her and pressed your lips against hers.

"How far can you see our fate?"
You asked her, a strand of your hair had been wrapped around your finger. Her smile only increasingly got bigger, "If I were to say, it would ruin the surprise. We can't have that, can we?" You groaned impatient and flopped back into the grass with your hands under your chin, you huffed.
"But why? I don't wanna wait!"

Mona laid down directly next to you on the hilltop you both had been on, she laughed at your expression. "Well, we should let our future come to us naturally. Not try to make it happen, good things come to us for a reason." She said with a smile, your eyes kept to the starry night skies. You had wondered what Mona's own constellation was in the sky, your thoughts getting the best of you.

"Mona? What's your constellation?"
You asked her, your eyes wandering back to her. She looked up and immediately saw the stars connect to her own constellation. "Astrolabos." She pointed directly to it,  "It translates to, Astrolabe. It's a device that helps me measure altitude or identify stars."

(This idle animation of hers is actually a Astrolabe! Fun fact!)

You looked at her in pure awe, wishing that you had her knowledge of the galaxy itself. You were just a mere Cryo user, your sharp blades of ice could cut through almost anything you had wanted.

"Your work sounds so fun, Liyue is boring." You groan and remember that today was your only day off, you'd be back in the Geo Nation tomorrow while Mona would be at home in Mondstadt. "Don't get me wrong, I love working for Lady Ningguang. However, the work is very tiring, I hardly get a break or can hear myself think."

You rant to her about your job and she frowns, her own thoughts filling her head on how to somehow cheer you up. She looked down the hill and a smile slowly crept on her face, "This sounds silly, but let's roll down the hill!"

You look at her dumbfounded, your face was completely confused. "Huh?" Mona stood up and got on her stomach closer to the hilltop, and looked at you. "Race you!"

She immediately began rolling down the hill and you yelled at her to wait up, which of course she didn't. She was Mona Megistus, she was going to win.

You repeated her actions and your body began rolling down the hill after her, you laughed to yourself at how funny you both probably looked. You kept going down and down until you landed ontop of a certain someone, arms reached out to steady your dizzy self.

"At least a little better?"
She laughed at you and pulled a lose blade of grass from your hair. You had been sitting on top of Mona with your legs on either side of her, her pigtails were as equally messed up as your own hair. "I haven't done that in years!" You laughed out and leaned down to press your lips against here, which she, of course, had nothing against it.

"I feel so much better, let's do it again!" You cried out and got off of her, running back up the hill. Mona's giggles came from behind you as you both ran up to the hilltop. You got onto your stomach and Mona was right in front of you, "Ready?" She asked you and began her countdown.

"3...2...1... GO!"

You both rolled down the hill and your laughter filled the atmosphere, the stars above you were laughing along with you from how bright they were shining. The moment you hit the bottom, Mona had landed ontop of you. Your arms dragged her down to you and her elbows planted on either side of your head, your faces were inches from each other.

"We need more times like this, just me and you." Mona said softly while caressing your cheek, you agreed with her completely and she laid down at your side, your arm wrapping around her small frame while she cuddled up into your side.

Another shooting star went by and you grinned down at Mona, "Well, what did you wish for?" You asked her, the twinkles in her eyes clearly had brightened at your words.

"To always be together, and even after death, we haunt people who have Mora as ghosts in Mondstadt." You cracked up and slightly nudged her arm, "Grandmaster Jean, oh wait! Diluc at Dawn Winery! Now that would be funny!" You giggled and imagined the man looking pissed when wine bottles floated his way, or when you and Mona were both attempting to drink the wine, but instead it went all over the ground.

For the rest of the night, you both watched the stars go by together and wished countless of times on the shooting stars. Your wishes would most certainly come true, well, besides the ghost part, but you would always be together and Mona knew exactly what fate had lied for both of you to grasp.

After all, your fate was brighter than the stars themselves which Mona was most excited for, spending her whole life with you beside her.

I may have been tipsy while writing this and that's why it's late, but anyways, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!