Eight- before the match

Mason's POV

I woke up to the sound of my alarm blaring, I lifted my arm to turn it off and sighed it's 7am. Oh my god I have my last training session in an hour before the match later on! I jumped out of bed suddenly full of energy and excited for the first match against Croatia.
I got into my kit and headed downstairs to meet my teammates for breakfast. As we were all staying at St. George's park.
"Oi Oi Mase, how was your date with Miss Verstappen last night?" Deccers said as he winked at me. "Oh shut up dec" I rolled my eyes and elbowed him laughing, continuing to eat my breakfast and refusing to talk to him. I'd tell him eventually I was just in the mood to play with him a bit. "JOHNNN, Mase won't tell me about his date with Mai." Deccers yelled across the room. I smirked "I'll tell John tho" I said chuckling at Declan's annoyed reaction. "Oh no need mate, Mai already told me." John said smirking back. "I forgot you two are best friends." I said chuckling a little.
We all finished up eating and headed to the pitch for training. "Boys, come here I need to talk to you" Gareth yelled across the pitch.

"Ben won't be training with us anymore due to an injury." He explained to the team.
"What happened" I asked the gaffer. "He hurt his arm badly" Gareth replied, not offering anymore details. I looked around at the boys, and noticed John had an odd expression on his face, I couldn't quite work out if it was anger or worry. I decided to shrug it off as we began our training drills. After warm up was penalty practice. "We shouldn't need to take penalty's, but it's always best to be prepared Southgate told us as we lined up, Pickford in goal.

John's POV

When the gaffer told us that Ben won't be returning to training I had mixed emotions. Firstly anger, the mention of his name sets me off for what he tried to do to Mai. Then came a wave of worry, as I thought about what could happen if people found out about what Mai, the formula one drivers,  and i do behind the scenes.  Does Southgate know?  I sighed as I walked towards the goal to practice penalty's. The first match is later, I have to focus on that.

Mai's POV

My date last night with Mason went amazingly, Im starting to really like him. I smiled to myself realising it was Saturday, the first England game is today! I threw my duvet cover off and decided to start getting ready for the match, when I got a text from Mase.

💬Mase 💜
Mase- hey Mai, come down to the football ground at 2, I will meet you outside and take you through the back to the friends and family area so you don't get hounded by fans 😁xx
Mai- hey Mase, sounds good 😁 you excited for your first game? Xx
Mase- yes we are all absolutely buzzing, just had our last training session. I have my top for you to wear, think you'll look better in it than me ;) xx
Mai- oh stop it Mase! You make me blush ;) I'll message you when I get there xx

I realised it was already 12! I must of slept in late. I thought to myself, whilst walking downstairs to get some breakfast.

"Morning dad." I smiled at him as I walked into the kitchen. "Afternoon, you mean." He joked back. "Ha ha, very funny." I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes. "I'm going to watch the England football match in a couple hours dad." I told him, whilst taking a mouthful of toast. "Okay sweetie, have fun and stay safe......I have to go, Alex just messaged, something has happened." He said frowning, looking down at his phone concerned. "Take a gun with you darling you may need it."  With that he kissed my forehead, and rushed out of the room, leaving me to finish my breakfast alone and get ready for the match.

I decided on a pair of blue mom jeans and a brown crop top. Wrapping a bandana around my head. I then got to work on my make up, going for a natural look, and straightened my dark locks. Perfect, now I just need a picture for insta. I thought to myself whilst balancing my phone on the table and setting the timer.

Mai Verstappen

Liked by Danielricciardo and 1,257,989 others

Good luck boys, bring it home 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 @england

Comments

Masonmount- don't worry, promise we will 😉
- I'm holding you to that mount ;) x

Landonorris- come on lads 👊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

User67- is she hanging out with the England boys now?
-User56- Yh ikr what a slag, why they in her comments

Johnstones- won't let u down Mai 💛
-💛💛

KyleWalker- 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿💜
(Liked by MaiVerstappen)

Sasharebecca- see u there girly ;) x
-I'll message u when I'm there xx

England- our no.1 fan ❤️❤️
(Pinned by MaiVerstappen)

Authors note- sorry for the shorter filler chapter, felt I needed another chapter between the date and the match xx