Twenty seven- a new chapter for mai

Mason's POV

I woke up my head absolutely banging. Groaning I rolled onto my side and picked up my phone. I noticed I had a message from Mai.

💬Mai

Mai- *link attached* we are done Mason. I can't believe you'd do this after we just lost our baby.

*Mai Verstappen blocked Mason Mount*

I clicked on the link confused. As I scrolled through the pictures, last nights memories came flooding back. Fuck what am I going to do! I know it looks bad but I didn't actually kiss the girl.
I jumped out of bed, having a newfound energy and sprinted to Declan's room.
I swung the door open, the action clearly waking Declan up. "Mase it's so early and I'm hanging, go away!" Declan told me putting a pillow over his head.
I walked over, pulling the pillow off. "Mai saw the pictures from last night. She's dumped me." I told him, my voice wavering.
Immediately, Dec sat up. "What! Shit! Message her!" Dec told me. "I can't she's blocked me, can I use your phone?" I begged him. He rolled his eyes, but handed me his phone anyway.

💬Mai
Dec- hey Mai it's Mase, the article you saw wasn't true! I never even kissed that girl! I promise you!

Mai- Mason leave me alone. I blocked you for a reason. Even if u didn't you were way too close to her and especially after what's just happened... we just lost our fucking child and you are out cosying up to these girls!
Tell Dec if he lets u use his phone again I will block him too.

I sighed and handed Dec his phone back, I knew I wasn't going to get anywhere over text. I had to show her how much she means to me.

Mai's POV

Sasha and the guys weren't back for another two days so I decided to take up my brothers offer to go to the Austrian Grand Prix.

~

We had just arrived on the track for race day when I was knocked down on the floor. "Hey! Watch it!" I yelled.
I looked up to find the culprit, seeing a tanned man with dark hair and a massive smile on his face. "Oh...Hey Dan." I said, offering a small smile at him from the floor. "Hello Mai! I'm so sorry I didn't see you!"He replied, reaching his hand out to pull me up. I graciously accepted.
"I..er... I'm sorry about before too." Dan told me, scratching the back of his neck. "It's all good Dan don't worry, it happened a while ago now, and I don't live in the past." I told him, stepping forward to give him a hug. He hugged me back tightly. "I'm so glad we've sorted things, I missed being your best friend." He whispered into my ear. "I've missed you too Dan." I replied. "Anyway I have to go, gotta get ready for the race! See you afterwards!" Dan yelled over his shoulder as he walked away. "Good luck." I screamed after the Aussie. Who grinned in response.

I went to go find Max and wish him luck before the race. I decided to stay in the pit area for the whole race, sat next to Christian.

Soon the race has started, Max had pole and we were hoping he could keep it. So far, so good.
With three laps to go Max was still in P1 but Lewis was catching up.
I motioned to Christian to let me have the headset for a minute. He gave it over without a single thought.
"Max, Lewis is gaining, push and change your line on corner 6, your going wide."
"Copy"
Max did as I asked, and was furthering the gap between him and Lewis. I smiled to myself, he was going to win the Austrian Grand Prix!
Then, I noticed Daniel gaining on Lewis, surely not....