Thirty - mase is a man with a plan

Mai's POV

As the party progressed I was getting increasingly more tipsy. I was dancing on the table with John, Sasha and Jesse, all of us drunk enough we didn't care what we looked like.

I looked around the room and locked eyes with a familiar brunette. I quickly broke the eye contact as John twirled me around. I decided to ignore the brief contact with my ex, and carried on dancing along with John.

Eventually, I hopped off the table and headed towards Martin Garrix the DJ, to request a song. On my way there I was stopped by someone. I looked up and saw Mason.
"Can we chat?" He asked, a hopeful expression on his face.  I thought for a minute before answering.
"Sure." I replied, allowing him to lead me into John's garden.
We sat around the fire pit and I looked expectantly at Mason, waiting for him to start talking.

"So how are you?" He asked me, looking genuinely interested. "Im okay, I've been travelling with red bull the past few months. It's been fun but I've missed home and everyone here. How has football been?" I asked him. Of course I already knew, I had watched all of the Chelsea matches, and of course the England ones, he was doing amazingly and I was proud of him.
"Yeh it's going well, Chelsea are doing really well, we are hoping to win the league again!" He told me smiling.
"I know I have been watching your matches.." I admitted nervously.
"You have? I'm so glad." He told me smiling.

We sat in silence for a few minutes, smiling at each other awkwardly, before Mason broke it.
"Mai, I'm really sorry for everything, i know it's been months...but I still can't get you out of my head. I miss you so much. I'd really love to try again, or at least be friends, if you will have me?" He questioned, moving closer to hug me. I pulled away.
I was shocked. I wasn't expecting him to admit he still had feelings for me, like I still had feelings for him. Even though I had started a new life travelling with red bull, I still thought about him all the time.
"Mai..?" He asked sadly. His voice bought me out of my thoughts.

"Sorry Mason, I wasn't expecting you to say that." I admitted.
"I have thought about you too... almost everyday." I added truthfully. A wide smile spread across his face.

"Mai Verstappen you are the one for me, I love you with the whole of my heart, and I can't stand being apart from you... we have had a tough journey yes, but you have to work hard for great things....just like in football." He finished, chuckling and wrapping his arms around me.

This time I didn't pull away. I know I felt the same way. I loved him with all my heart and I needed him in my life. "You are going to have to work hard Mase, I need to learn how to trust you again." I said, pulling away from the hug and looking into his face.

"I promise I won't let you down, I love you." He whispered. "I love you too Mason." I replied offering him a small smile, which he returned.

"Oww Mason? Still no Mase?" He pouted.
I rolled my eyes as a small chuckle escaped my lips. I hated that I couldn't stay mad at him.
"I love you too MASE." I repeated, accentuating my nickname for him.
He grinned in response and leaned in towards me. I couldn't stop myself, I learned back towards him. As our lips met in the middle it felt like fireworks went off. I really did love him. Maybe, just maybe, it will work out, and our love for each other will  be stronger than any problems we could face.

"Does this means we are back on?" He questioned, pulling away from the kiss. "I suppose it does." I replied smirking at my once again boyfriend.
"In that case, I want to take you on an extra special date, that I have wanted to take you on for a long time!" He told me, a cheeky grin on his face.
"You look guilty....like your hiding something Mount!" I told him wagging my finger at him and smiling.
"You'll have to wait and see angel" he told me kissing my forehead.
"Don't make plans tomorrow evening, you're with me." He told me, pulling me close.