Twenty five- only time will tell

Mason's POV

We arrived at the house very quickly, the doctors already waiting there for us as we pulled up. I picked Mai up again, bridal style and ran with her in my arms up to the medical room.

Placing her on the bed, I backed off a little to let the doctors do their job.
"She will be okay Mase, don't worry." Max told me, seeing my worried expression.

An hour or so later the doctor had her cleaned up. She had a couple of stitches on her cheek, several on her knee and quite a few on the side of her stomach.

"Luckily, he seemed to miss her organs, and we have managed to stop the internal bleeding. She will be perfectly fine, possibly hobbling for a while, due too her leg." The head doctor told us.
"What about the baby?" Mai asked, a scared look on her face.
"Unfortunately, only time will tell." He replied sadly, walking out, leaving us to process the news.

"How are you feeling Mai?" John asked from the other side of the room. "Well considering how much morphine I'm on, fine." She chuckled.

"Baby I'm sorry about earlier, I was upset about the match and didn't want to take it out on you, that why I avoided you..." I told her.
"Mase don't worry about it we have more important things going on." She told me, beckoning me to come over. I reached the side of her bed and leaned down, kissing her softly. I felt her smile into the kiss before we pulled away.

"I know this may not be the best time, but congratulations you two! I can't believe I'm going to be a grandfather!" Jos said, walking over placing an arm around my shoulder, and an arm on Mai.
"Well you might not be yet dad..." Mai replied, looking down at her stomach sadly.
"Baby it will all work out!" I told her, squeezing her hand gently.

~

"Sweetie, I hope it's okay.. my parents are in town and would love to visit you." I told her, once everyone had left the room. "Yes of course! I would love to see them!" She replied, smiling brightly.

An hour later my parents had arrived. "Oh my god Mai! My darling are you okay?" My mum shrieked, running over to Mai's side.
"I'm okay Debbie, I'll be right as rain soon." She told them.
"Marcus kidnapped her, and did this." I told them, pointing at Mai's wounds.
My mum gasped loudly. "Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry. He's an evil man!" She declared, as Mai giggled gently. "Well...he won't be bothering us again, he's gone for good." She said, a small smile of relief appearing on her face.

Jos walked into the room. "Debbie? Tony? What are you guys doing here!" He exclaimed, walking over to them smiling.
"They are my parents..." I told him, a small smirk playing on my face.
"Ohhh, I'm such an idiot, I can't believe I never put the surnames together!" He chuckled, dragging my parents off for a chat.

~

Mai's POV

Just over a week and a half later I was feeling a lot better, so I decided to still go on the Mykonos trip with the guys.
I was just finishing packing my suitcase when John called.

📞johno
Johno- "hey Mai, I'm here to pick up you and Mase."
Mai- "just coming johno! Two minutes!" I told him, hanging up the phone.

"MASEEEEE, John's here!" I yelled down the stairs.
"Okay, go sit in the car, I'll carry your luggage." He told me. I chuckled.
Since I got hurt Mase has been taking extra good care of me, practically doing everything for me, in hope that if I don't move too much my body will heal and the baby will survive.