Fifteen - you heard that?

Masons POV

The four of us haven't left Mai's side. It has been almost two days since she fell into a coma. I was holding onto her hand, whilst John, Jos and Max were having a conversation at the other end of the room.
Suddenly, I felt her fingers move slightly. "Mai?" I whispered.
"NO..MUM... COME BACK!" She said loudly. Startling me and the others. Her body starting to twitch. The others ran over to me and Mai. Suddenly her eyes fluttered open, she was breathing heavily, panic displayed all over her face. "Mai, it's okay baby we are here." I told her softly, stroking her face.  "She's awake!" Max yelled out the corridor to the doctors. They hurried in immediately pushing us aside to check Mai. "What happened." Mai said looking at me, John, her dad and brother standing, huddled around her.
"You got shot darling, Ben shot you. He narrowly missed your heart, another inch and you would of been dead." Jos told her, looking over the moon that she was awake, but frowning at the thought of Ben. "Oh, that's why my chest hurts." She  looked up, giving us a small smile, trying to sit up. "You need to rest Mai, doctors orders." Max told her.  "Also I thought you should know.....Ben is dead." He finished. "Oh....who shot him?" She questioned. "It was me." John spoke up, looking at her sadly. Dried tear stains all over his face. "I'm sorry, I acted out of anger, I couldn't stop myself. I just.. I can't believe he hurt you." He said. "Thank you John." She said smiling at him. "Wait what your not mad? You were always insistent that no one hurt him." He asked, a puzzled look on his face.  "Yeh well, that was before he shot me." She said giggling. "That family have already taken so much from us, we couldn't lose you as well."  Jos told her, taking her other hand in his.

"We heard you shouting about mum...what happened?" Max questioned. "Well something startled me, and I woke up in our childhood home. I walked into the kitchen and mum was there, she told me she loves me, and that I wasn't dead and it wasn't my time to go, but that she will be waiting for us to join her when it's our time. Then I felt myself being dragged away, so I screamed out to her, trying to get back to her... I only just got her back I wasn't ready to leave again." Mai told us, looking down. "I hugged her and it felt so real..." she trailed off, eyes watering. "Hey, it's okay darling, you got us." I told her, stroking her hand. She looked up at me, smiling weakly through her tears.

"I'm going to go tell the others your awake. The entire England and F1 team have been staying here until you woke up." John said, walking out of the room. "Wow seems I'm popular." She joked.
"Yes seems so, anyway I'm going to call a staff meeting to up the level of security around here." Jos said, taking Max with him. Finally we were alone.

"Hi" she said looking up and smiling at me. "Hello princess." I replied smiling down at her. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you-." I cut her off. "Baby please it's okay Southgate explained to us, I was annoyed at first, but I understand why you didn't tell me now. I'm just glad your alive." I told her. Leaning down to place a kiss on her forehead.
"I'm glad you love me too..." she said looking into my eyes. "You heard that?" I chuckled. "Yes it was what drew me out from the darkness, and me made me realise I was in my childhood home." She told me, a large smile on her face.

Just then we were interrupted by the entire football team and the f1 guys rushing into the room.
"I'm so glad you're awake Mai!" Dan said, rushing to her side and pushing me out the way in the process. I frowned, but decided against starting anything right this minute. "Dan calm down, I'm fine." She giggled flapping her hand at him. We sat for a few hours while Mai answered any questions the boys had.
"To be honest I think it's kinda badass you are in the mafia." Jesse spoke up, looking at Mai. "I mean Yh, I can take care of myself and fight pretty well, I started training as soon as I could walk." She giggled. As Jos nodded, having come back from the meeting, confirming her statement. "Least I know not to get on your bad side." I winked at her. She nodded and giggled in response.