Twelve - the race

Mai's POV

The next morning I woke up with Mason's arm around me, my head on his chest. I thought back to last night and smiled to myself. I think I might love Mason Mount.  I slowly pulled myself out of bed, careful not to wake up Mason.
I put one of this Chelsea tops on and walked downstairs trying to find the kitchen.
After a couple minutes of looking I found it. I decided to make Mase some pancakes. I turned the stove on and got out all my ingredients.
As I flipped my first pancake in the pan I felt a pair of arms snake around my waist. "Morning Mase." I said looking up at him and smiling. "Good morning Mai, when I woke up I thought you left me." He pouted.  "Of course not baby, I came to make you pancakes." I told him, going on my tip-toes and planting a kiss on his lips. "You're supposed to be the guest, I'm meant to make you breakfast." He chuckled. Picking me up and placing me on the kitchen side, whilst walking over to finish the pancakes. I looked at him making breakfast, he was topless. My eyes scanned his body. God he has such a good body, look at those abs. Mase looked up and caught he staring. "Like what you see?" He smirked at me. I nodded trying to cover the blush that had made its way to my face.

"We need to get ready and go to silverstone soon." I told him whilst digging into my pancakes.  "Okay princess, I'll text Jack  and John and tell them to meet us there." He replied.

Two hours later we had just pulled up at the race. "Put your pass around your neck, your going to need it." I told him. As we walked through the front gates. The security guards recognised me immediately, due to my father and let me in, but stopped Mase. "Brian he's with me." I told the tall bald male who had stopped my boyfriend. "Sorry miss Verstappen." he replied, stepping to the side allowing Mason to pass. "Seems you're popular here 'MISS Verstappen.'"Mase said to me, making fun of Brian. "Well my dad is a very powerful man." I replied, sticking my tongue out at him.

We walked towards the red bull garage, noticing Jack, John and Sasha already waiting there, talking to Dani. "Hey guys, hey Dani, good luck today!" I told him, my gaze drifting from the England players to the red bull driver stood in front of me. "Thank you Mai!" He told me, flashing me his famous smile. "I think Max is in his motor home , he should be out soon, I have to go and talk to my engineers unfortunately. I'll see you later." He said walking up and hugging me before heading out to see his team.

"Are you guys okay here for a minute if I go find Max?" I asked my four friends stood around me. "Yes of course darling, go find him." Mase said as he kissed my cheek. I shot him a smile and walked off in the direction of Max's motor home.

"Max open up!" I banged on the door. The door opened revealing my dad, Max and Christian. "Hey guys what's going on?" I asked looking around the three worried faces. "Well Max's communicator, the person he speaks to whiles he's out on the field just went into labour, neither me or Jos can do it we have other responsibilities, we don't know what to do! Max needs someone to tell him when to pit and to tell the team to prepare for the pit." Christian hurriedly told me in a panic. I cut him off.
"I'll do it." "You will? Really?" Max said looking curiously at me. "Of course I will Maxy, I already know how to do everything, I used to analyse all your races, and I know you, it's perfect!" I replied. "Thank you so much Mai, you're a life saver!" Christian said, ushering me towards the garage so he can show me how to use the gear. "My two kids working together again." My dad said smiling. I smiled back and walked off with Christian. "I just need to quickly explain to my friends, if that's okay." I asked Christian. "Yes of course meet me back in the pits." He told me, as he walked off, no longer stressed. "Mai wait." I hear Max yell out after me, jogging to catch up.  "Mai, seriously thank you so so much, you've saved my ass more than you realise, you're the best sister I could ask for." He told me, his eyes were soft. I could tell he really meant it. "It's no problem Max, you're my brother I'm here for you." I told him.
We walked back to the garage where I saw Mase, Jack, John and Sasha. "Hey guys, somethings come up, I'm really sorry but I have to be Max's communication for the race, his normal girl just went into labour, he has no chance if he has no communicator." I told them. They nodded as they seemed to understand. "Can we sit with you?" Mase asked. "Of course you guys can, I'll get the team to set up some chairs." Max replied to Mason.