Nine -the match

I looked down at my phone noticing it was now 1:30. Shit I'm gonna be late, I have to leave. I panicked grabbing my handbag and attaching my gun to a holster around my ankle, then sprinted to my Aston Martin.

I pulled up about 35 minutes later having ran into some traffic on my way.

💬Mase💜
Mai- I'm here Mase xx
Mase- okay I'm coming out now xx

I began walking towards the building, noticing a familiar person walking out of the entrance.
"Maseeeee." I shouted as I jogged over to him engulfing him in a hug. "Hello Mai." He smiled as he leaned down to kiss my cheek. "I have something for you." He said, pulling a number 19 football shirt out from behind his back. I beamed at him taking the shirt and lifting it above my head. It was a bit large on me so I tied it into a crop top. "Looks like I was right, you do look better in it than me" he told me looking into my eyes smiling gently. Causing me to blush uncontrollably.
Just then we were interrupted by screams, I turned to see a group of girls sprinting towards me and Mason, screaming for his attention. Masons face dropped. "Run" he told me grabbing my hand and dragging me towards the heavily guarded door.

Luckily we made it before anyone reached us. The guards quickly ushered us inside, and blocked the door as Mason led me towards the changing rooms where the other boys were waiting. "Let me just check they are decent" Mase chucked as he walked into the changing room. A few seconds later he reappeared. "All good" he told me grabbing my hand and leading me in. "Hi boys" I said smiling at all of them. "Good luck today you will all do amazing!" I said giving them a mini pep talk.
"Hi John!" I said to the centre back making his way towards me. "Hey Mai, come with me a sec" he whispered dragging me to the corner of the room. "What's up John?" I asked, a look of concern on my face. He looked around checking we were out of earshot from the team before speaking. "Southgate told us earlier that Ben isn't coming back this year because of the gunshot wound on his arm." He told me. "Thats so good, I'm glad I don't have to worry about seeing him around" I replied smiling at John. "Yes but what if he told Southgate about everything? What if he tells people who you and your family are..." he trailed off before finishing his sentence "and my involvement" before looking at me his face full of worry. "John he won't do that, he can't, he is involved as well he can't tell anyone without blowing his own cover" I told him trying to calm his nerves. "Anyway you have a match to focus on now John, this is your life now, not going on missions with me." I told him, squeezing his shoulders to comfort him. "Your right Mai" he replied a small smile starting to form on his lips. "We should go back over to the others" I told him grabbing his arm and walking back to the group.

"Mai.. where did you go" Mase asked me looking a little sad, his eyes flickering between me and John. "Sorry Mase, just went for a quick chat with my bestie" I said shooting him a small smile, which he returned. "I should probably head up to the seating area now, good luck Mase, you got this!" I confidently told him, before kissing him on the cheek. Mason turned a light shade of pink before thanking me, and turning to talk to Declan and Jack. I took this as my cue to leave and headed up to the seating area.

As I walked down the stairs my eyes scanned the seats and quickly found Sasha. I'm so glad she's here so I'm not alone. I thought while walking up to her, hugging her tightly. "Hey girl! Long time no see!" She joked as we sat down.

It wasn't long before Sasha had introduced me to some of the WAGs. I got along with Fern (Harry Maguires girl) and Lauren, (Declan's girlfriend) the best. We all sat chatting and giggling to each other before Lauren turned to me and said "You and Mason would be really cute together, I think you'd be good for him. Although he is famous and has his pick of a lot of girls, he tends to end up heartbroken" she told me, frowning at the end of her last sentence. "But you seem different, you seem good for him." She told me, a smile taking over her face. "Thank you Lauren, I really like him, I hope we can be something more." I admitted to her. "We can tell he likes you too" Fern added as she motioned in the direction of the pitch. I followed her gaze, my eyes coming in contact with Mason's, who smiled up at me. I felt the heat rush to my cheeks, and saw him smirking at my reaction. He winked at me before walking into the middle of the pitch with the team to sing the national anthem.

(Authors note- Games won't be entirely accurate, as to fit in with the storyline better, so don't come for me 😂)

The game the began, Kane won the toss up, meaning we started with the ball. The starting 11 was, Pickford; Walker, Stones, Mings, Trippier; Phillips, Rice; Sterling, Mount, Foden and Kane.

The boys were playing really well they had possession the majority of the time, but unfortunately no goals yet, and it was half time.
Us girls headed down to the changing rooms to talk to the guys before they had to go back out again.
"Hey Mase, your doing so well I'm so proud of you." I told him as I took a seat next to him. "We are doing okay, but we haven't scored yet." He said, as he looked at me sadly. "I know you will Mase, you would have before, if you weren't fouled" I told him. Mason was clearly fouled but the ref apparently didn't see anything wrong, so he missed a chance to shoot at goal.
Then Southgate told us all to go back upstairs so he could talk to the boys before they went back on the pitch. "See u later Mase, you got this." I told him as I gave him a peck on the lips for luck. I walked away as Mason turned a deep shade of crimson.

Mason's POV

"I want to ask Mai to be my girlfriend." I said to John, while Southgate spoke with Harry, Jude and Jack. "When you thinking of doing it? Im sure she will say yes, she likes you a lot." He replied. "I was thinking after the game if we win." I told him. "That's a good idea she would love that." John said to me in reply. "Can you help me, when the game finishes can you bring her down onto the pitch?"  I asked John whilst walking onto the pitch. "Of course man" he shouted back as he walked into position.

The second half of the game began.  Foden had come off and Grealish replaced him. Harry Maguire had replaced Mings and had just won the ball back of Croatia. He booted the ball over to John, who managed to get it to Sterling. Sterling ran down the wing, and spotted me waiting by the post, he kicked the ball in my direction. I took a deep breath as it came closer, knowing it was all up to me.
I got the ball on the end of my foot, turned it around and striked it towards the goal. Livakovic, the Croatian keeper, lunged towards the top left corner where I had placed the ball. He jumped, but not high enough as the ball sailed over his head, and swished into the back of the net. I just scored the first England goal! "YESSSSS" I screamed, looking into the crowd to find Mai. I made eye contact with her, watching her as she smiled and clapped for me. I blew her a kiss and turned round to celebrate with the boys.

There were 3 minutes left of the game, we were into extra time. All of us desperately wanted another goal, I had the ball, I kicked it over the top of a defender to Jack, who ran around two other defenders, passing the ball to Sterling once he had dragged the defence towards him. This left a rather unguarded goal, Sterling jumped up, meeting with the high ball Jack had given him. His head made contact, and it flew into the goal. Seconds later the whistle blew, indicating the end of the game.

We all huddled together and cheered. We won our first game, and kept a clean sheet! It was an amazing start for us.
I sighed, nerves starting to creep up. Now I just have to hope Mai says yes. I gave John the signal, he nodded and ran off to get Mai. I slowly started walking in their direction once I noticed they were almost on the pitch. Mai saw me and ran over to me. "Mase that was amazing, I'm so proud of you." She told me whilst hugging me. I pulled apart and took her hands in mine. "Mai, we haven't known each other very long, but when I'm with you, you make me feel a way I didn't know was possible. I never want that feeling to leave, I never want you to leave." I told her. "Mai Verstappen, will you be my girlfriend?"

Authors note: he finally asked her!! Tho what will she say?? I won't include all the matches but will include some!!
Next chapter will be out tomo!