Chapter 16!

-Serenity-

My heart drops and smashes intio a million pieces as I look at the fearful expression on Marvolo's face. I take his arm and push him forward. He looks back at me, fear evident on his face. I usher him forward as people whisper to eachother. "Oh god no," I continue whispering. Why him? Oh my god! No! I sit down and bury my face in my palms taking deep breaths. I hear McGonagall dismiss us, but i remain seated. The champions walk into another room and I watch Marvolo go. Ryder tells me to move, that I have to go, but i stay firmly planted where I sit. I will not move! I will wait for Marvolo. He said he didn't put his name in the cup. But why did his name come out. I wait fearfully and ten forevers pass until Marvolo walks back into the hall pale faced. I stand and sprint across the room, throwing myself at him. I wrap my arms around his neck and bury my face in his shoulder, sobbing. "What happened?" 

"I don't know," he whispers. "But i have to compete."

I raise my head and look at him through wide eyes. "What? Are you fucking with me Marvolo? You cannot compete in the Cup! You will be hurt, or worse. I will talk to McGonagall about it!" I begin to see red as my rage grows. 

"Seri listen please. When my name flew out of that up it was a contract. I have to participate in the Cup, but I promise you nothing will happen to me. I will not be hurt and I won't get hurt," Marvolo whispers pulling me into a hug. My body burns at the contact and my heart crumbles again.

"Please don't do this," I whisper. "For me."

"I do not have a choice," he whispers. "Lets go." Marvolo takes my hand and pulls me out of the room. I continue crying and I cannot contain myself. I don't want to lose him. He is my bestfriend. Marvolo squeezes my hand and wipes my tears away with his thumb. "Don't be afraid."

"Aren't you afraid?" I ask.

"No," he whispers, but I am not conviced. "You shouldn't be either. Honey I am going to be okay." Maybe he will be, but maybe he won't be. I cannot lose him. I will not lose him.

"Promise?" I ask.

"I promise." I feel a little bit better, but there is still the possibility that he will be hurt, or heaven forbid, killed. I mean Harry Potter was 14 when he was put in the Cup, but Marvolo is only 11. We are only in our first year of Hogwarts and already we are faced with a life or death situation. Or at least Marvolo is. My chest aches at the thought of his being in danger, but I know that I cannot change this. I will try my best to make sure he is safe, but if that is impossible and something does happen to Marvolo I will never be able to forgive myself. 

The common room is filled with an uneasy silence, but when we walk in it errupts into cheers. A crowd of people hover around Marvolo and they congragulate him and ask him how he got put into the tornament. I am pushed out of the way and shoved away from Marvolo, who looks sadly at me over the crowd. I am pulled away by Ryder who is glaring at Marvolo. When I ask him what is wrong, he just shakes his head and glares somewhere else. Jess comes up to me and pats my arm supportively before hugging Ryder. I hear her telling him to calm down and it isn't his fault. My brothers brown eyes narrow as Marvolo breaks away from the crowd and walks towards us. Teddy pops out of no-where but I am too shocked about Ryders actions to even care. "Ryder listen-" Marvolo starts.

"No Marvolo. I don't get how you could be happy with yourself. Finally got the attention you crave didn't you?" My brother snaps. I step between the two boys and punch my brother on the arm. 

"Shut up Ryder. Marvolo didn't want this. Stop being a dick," I say glaring at my brother.

"Stop protecting him Serenity," Ryder snaps at me, turning his glare to me. "You are just blinded by your friendship to realise that this is exactly what Riddle wants. He wants power."

"What the hell Ryder? Who would want to have to do this at our age?" I snap at my brother.

"If you're going to side with him over me, fine. But don't come crying to me when he leaves you," Ryder says. "Let's go." He tugs on Jessica's arm who mouths an apology. I sigh before collapsing on the couch. 

"I'm sorry," Marvolo whispers. "I didn't want to cause you to fight with your brother."

"Don't worry Marvolo," I whisper smiling lightly. "Are you going to tell your parents?"

Marvolo's face drops and I realise he never speaks of his parents. "Yeah I guess so." Marvolo summons some parchment and a quill before writing a letter in his neat boy writing.

Dear Mother and Father,
I miss you both dearly and I am sorry I haven't owled you as I have been busy with school work. I am owling to let you know, that somehow, I have been selected to participate in the TriWizard Tornament. I do not know how this happened, but I have no choice in taking part.

I love you both,
Marvolo.

He send the owl off his his falcon looking owl. 

"Marvolo why don't you ever talk about your parents?" 

"It's kind of a long story. When I was a baby my parents could deal with a child, as my father was... sick and my mother was busy all the time. They dropped me off at an orphanage with a note, they said they would come get me when I turned 10. I didn't know anything about my parents so when I finally met them I was estatic. My mother is kinda crazy but she is really sweet and my father is... different. He hasn't had the best life and he is trying to give me the best life." Marvolo looks at me, his eyes smiling.

"Who are your parents?" I ask.

"Bellatrix Lestrange and Tom Riddle."

Author Note:

Bet you didn't expect that? Marvolo is Voldemorts baby boy! Muahahaha!