Chapter 29

"Severus," the sound of Narcissa's voice brings me back to reality. "Does Hermione know yet?"

I shake my head, "No, she doesn't."

Narcissa's lips turn into a scowl. "She needs to know Severus. She needs to know what happened that day."

"What do you want me to say? 'Oh by the way dear, I died on the night of The Battle of Hogwarts and somehow I survive, but what's for dinner?"

Narcissa rolls her eyes at me. "I don't know. How did you manage to survive?"

"I don't know. But I saw her. Lily. I saw Lily. She told me it wasn't my time yet and then I was back in the shack," I frown. "I don't know how though. Nagini should have killed me."

"Tell her that. She deserves to know Severus."

~~~

I apparate back into Hermione and my home. I hear muggle music coming from the kitchen, and I walk quietly into the room. Hermione stands near the stove, stirring a pot. Her hips sway slightly and Katherine is sitting in a cot set up near the bench. Oblivious to my presence, Hermione sings softly to the male singer singing about a Love in a Photograph. I sneak behind Hermione and wrap my arms around her waist, resting my chin on her shoulder. Hermione jumps slightly before sinking into my embrace.

"Hey," I kiss her cheek.

"Hi," She breathes. I love the way I can easily make her breathless.

"Can we talk later today?" I say. "I need to tell you something."

"Sure," Hermione frowns slightly.

~~~

My palms sweat as I sit on the bed waiting for Hermione to return. I am going to tell her about that night. I will tell her how I died. How I saw Lily Potter.

Hermione comes in and crawls under the covers before cuddling up to me and taking my hands in hers. "What did you want to talk about?" She asks.

"I need to tell you something that happened on the night of the Battle of Hogwarts," I swallow quickly. "I need you to have an open mind okay?"

"Okay.." uncertainty creeps over Hermione's face.

"I was in a shack near the Lake with The Dark Lord. He thought that the Elder wand belonged to me, as I killed Dumbledore. He was angry that the end wasn't truly his. At the point I didn't know Potter and Weasley were spying on us.

"Voldemort set Nagini on me and he bit my neck. I bled out and after The Dark Lord left Potter and Weasley came in. I gave Harry my memories so he would be able to protect you. As I was drifting away I could just see his green eyes. He has his mother's eyes. I was in the dark and it was pitch silent.

"A girl with fiery red hair was walking in my direction and I knew who it was. Lily. She hadn't aged a day since she died. I asked her about where I was and what happened but she wouldn't answer any of my questions. The only thing she said was that it wasn't my time yet and then I was back in the shack," Hermione's cheeks are splattered with tears and I frown and the blanket. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry Sev," Hermione smiles. "You're here now and that'd all that matters." She kisses me softly and I question the heaven how I managed to get such a wonderful woman.