Chapter 2!

:Ryder:

Serenity's friend, Jessica, chats with me during breakfast. She is so bubbly and kind. Her eyes light up as she talks about her family, and her childhood friends. I could listen to her talk for hours, and not get bored. She is so interesting and different.

"What about you Ryder? Do you have any stories about your parents?" She asks.

"Not really. I mean one time my father took Seri and I to a park near our house. I was obsessed with flying so I went on the swings and made myself go as high as I could, before jumping off. I was supposed to land in my feet but I tripped and broke my arm," I chuckle. Jessica laughs. I look at Serenity who is sitting across at me, beside Marvolo. He is chatting quietly to her, and she is watching him intently. I smirk, looking down at my plate. I look over at the Gryffindor table and Teddy Lupin sits there talking to a very beautiful blonde. Someone taps a glass loudly at the teachers panel and I look to see Professor McGonagall standing up.

"Attention please! I have a message to you all from Mr Filch. He would like to remind student that the Forbidden Forest is out of bounds and that any student who used Weasley Wizard Wheezes will be given a detention," she says before sitting down. I laugh slightly before standing.

"I'm going to go back to the Common Room," I say. "See you soon." I walk out of the Great Hall and towards the dungeons.

"Hey Ryder!" Someone calls from behind me.

"Hey Teddy, what's going on?" I ask, noting his Scarlet robes.

"Just wanted to say hi," Teddy says blushing slightly. "Shame we aren't in the same House."

"Yeah it is man. Wish you were in Slytherin," I say. "I gotta go get my books so I'll see you later." I turn and walk away. I rush to the entrance and say the password before racing to my Dorm. When I get to my bed I see a couple making out on their bed and I chuckle to myself. Leaving the lovebirds alone, I check my timetable to see what's first.

Period One: Potions
Period Two: Potions
Period Three: Charms
Period Four: Magical Care
----Lunch----
Period Five: Herbology
Period Six: Flying
Period Seven: Transfiguration

Yes! Potions! My dad used to be the Potions Master. He said he has a new job but I'm not sure what it is. I walk towards the Great Hall again, to wait for Skyler. When I get to the Great Hall, Skyler is laughing with Jessica, and Marvolo is looking at the wall. I frown slightly. Marvolo is a strange kid, but that doesn't matter.

"Guys we should start heading off," I say as I reach them.

"Yeah okay sure," Serenity says standing up. "What's first?" She asks.

"Potions," I say. Together, Jessica, Serenity, Marvolo and I walk towards the dungeons for our class. "Does anyone know who the teacher is?"

"Nup," Jessica says. "I hope he is nice."

"I'm sure he will be fine," Serenity assures her.

"I hope he is Slytherin," Marvolo says. "I don't want a crappy teacher." I nod in agreement. I knock on the classroom door as the bell rings, signalling end if breakfast. The door swings open and behind the desk is a man with

"Hello," the man says.

"Hi," we mutter sitting down around a cauldron. The class trickles in, and there is excitement in the air.

"Hello First Years," the Professor says. "My name is Horace Slughorn and I am going to be your Potions Master and I am the head of Slytherin. Today we will be making a simple sleeping potion." We are split into partners and I am working with Serenity. Serenity and I work in synchronization and are the first pair to finish. We fill a vial of the potion and take it to Professor Slughorn. He smile as he gives a small portion to a toad, who within seconds falls asleep. Slughorn claps and congratulates us. As everyone finishes their potions, Skyler and I clean our cauldron then take notes.

When the bell goes signalling period 3, the Slytherins head out to the Charms classroom. You wouldn't believe that Hogwarts got destroyed in the Wizarding War, because the school is perfect. When we walk in Professor Flitwick is standing on a pile of books so he can see us. I raise an eyebrow at Jessica who laughs.

"Welcome, welcome," he says in a squeaky voice. "I am Professor Flitwick, and I am your charms teacher. Today we will be learning the levitation spell. Does anyone know what the spell is?" Seri raises her hand.

:Serenity:

I raise my hand. "Yes Miss..." Flitwick trails off.

"Snape. The levitation spell is Wingardium Leviosa," I say.

"Correct! Five points to Slytherin," Flitwick cheers. "Now say it with me." After a few minutes of chanting the spell he finally gives us feathers. The boy I'm sitting beside is jabbing the feather with his wand.

"WINGARDIUM LEVIOSAAAA," he shouts waving his wand.

"Stop! Stop! Stop," I say placing my hand on his wrist. "You're going to take someone's eye out. Beside your saying it wrong! Its Wingardium LeviOsa, not Wingardium Leviosaaaa." The boy glares at me.

"If you're so clever you do it," he snaps.

"Fine," I point my wand at the feather. "Wingardium Leviosa." The feather floats in the air. I smirk at the boy who looks away.

"Look class! Miss Snape has got it," Flitwick shouts, overly-excited. "10 points to Slytherin." Ryder high fives me. Marvolo pats me on the back, making my cheeks flame red. The boy beside me, looks up and holds out his hand.

"The names Toby Flint," he smiles at me.

"Serenity Snape," I say shaking his hand

"So you're Severus's Snape's daughter?" He asks.

"Yes and this is Ryder, my twin," I say motioning to my brother.

"I can see who got the better genes," he says winking at me. Ryder and I laugh. "So Miss Serenity, would you like to accompany me to dinner tonight?" I look at Toby like he has spoken another language.

"Are you serious?" I ask.

"100%," Toby smiles at me.

"Where do you want to meet?" I ask.

"Meet on the Seventh floor at the tapestry of Barnabas the Barmy at 6," Toby winks before trying to get his feather to levitate. I take in his looks. Blonde hair, blue eyes, pretty buff, perfect teeth. He is a heartbreaker. I turn around and my eyes meet Marvolo's who is glaring at Toby. I raise an eyebrow at him and he half smiles at me, before looking down. I furrow my eyebrows, confused. What's going on with Marvolo? What was that glint in his eye? Oh my god!

Secretly I cannot wait until tonight! My first date! Ever!!!