Chapter 35!

:HERMIONE:

The room I am staying in is magnificent. The walls are a pale gold and the floor is deep green, signifying the long line of Slytherin's. Narcissa Malfoy told me over dinner that she decorated the whole house with her two wands. The home is much different to the dungeons and basement where I was tortured by Bellatrix. And speaking of Bellatrix, she apologized immensely for the torture. And then there is Tom Marvolo Riddle, in the flesh. He isn't what Harry, Ron and myself has imagined him to be. He isn't always planning murder, or killing innocents. It is strange to look at the Darkest and one of the most evil wizards in the history of time, and see a real man. Someone who chuckles at the dinner table, or kisses his wife's hand. We thought that Riddle was incapable of love, but watching him in his natural state shows that everyone experiences love. (Quick Author Note. I know in the novels it says that Voldemort cannot experience love as he was made whilst his father was under a love charm. But in this novel, Voldemort can experience love and he is just as lovable {ish} as any other person. Thanks :) )

Severus hasn't let me out of his sight since I awoke. He is also touching me and he is being very protective of my. I don't mind this, as I have grown used to it. I can also tell he fears I may break, as in such a short time I have had my whole future changed. I went from being a normal mother to being a Death Eater in a matter of days. As much as it hurts, to be betraying my friend, this is an opportunity and as much as I may hate the idea of me being a death eater, it was either the tattoo or death. And I am glad with the decision my husband made. Severus quietly opens the door, and smiles when my eye catches his.

"Sorry," he mumbles, looking at the floor. "I thought you were asleep."

"Severus its okay," I smile at him. "You are still allowed to sleep beside me." His eyes light up like a child's on Christmas morning. "We are married after all."

Severus rushes over to my side and lays on his back. "Hermione, I wanted you to know that I am so sorry for putting you in this situation. I wouldn't have done it if there was any other option."

"I know Sev," I place my hand in his. "I can deal with being a Death Eater. It's the tattoo that I cannot deal with. Does yours burn sometimes? Mine feels like it gets on fire."

"You will get used to it Hermione," Severus kisses my hand. "I will be there for you no matter what." I lean towards Severus and softly place my lips on his, entwining our fingers together. In the moment that our lips finally meet, I forget all my worries, and all my doubts. It is just me and Severus, my Severus. He presses his lips to mine with force, and I deepen the kiss immediately. It feels like it has been a lifetime since we have been like this, like a couple. "I missed you so much Mione," Severus mumbles through our kiss.

"I missed you too," I say smiling. We break off the kiss when a knock sounds on the door. I blush scarlet when the door opens and Narcissa is standing there.

"Sorry to... ugh... Interrupt you guys," she smirks slightly. "But there is someone who would like to see you." She pushes the door open fully and in her arms is a small bundle of blankets. Katherine Rose. My face lights up as Narcissa places her in my arms. I look down at my baby and smile.

"Thank-you Narcissa," I smile up at the blonde.

"Please Hermione, call me Cissa," Narcissa smiles softly at me. "After all you are part of the family." I smile back at her and nod. She bids us goodbye before heading out of the room. The top of Katherine's head has a small tuft of black hair. She opens her eyes and I gasp. They are a reddy-brown colour. She smiles, without teeth of course, at me. Tears fill my ears at I look at the creation that was made by Severus and I out of our love.

"She truly is beautiful," Severus whispers. He softly strokes our daughters hair. "She looks so much like you."

"I think she has an even amount of the two of us," I smile. "She is amazing." Katherine rose wraps her finger around a piece of my hazelnut hair. She looks at the hair curiously before shoving it in her mouth. I laugh as Severus begins to chuckle, throwing his head back. I look at him, momentarily forgetting about the child eating my hair, and take in his looks. I can never get over how happy he really is and how handsome he is. I really got lucky, didn't I? I quickly pull the hair out of my child's mouth, giving her a kiss on the forehead. Severus leans down and presses a kiss on her nose, then her two cheeks and softly on her lips.

"I love you Katherine Rose," Severus whispers. "And I promise that I will always look after you and I will be your knight in shining armour. If anyone hurts you, my dear princess, they will suffer at my hand." I smile at Severus, before noticing the crib in the corner of the room. I gently lift Katherine and take her to the crib. I place her down and watch as she falls asleep quickly. Severus wraps his arms around me as he hugs me close, also watching our daughters sleeping body.

"How did we create a tiny creature so beautiful?" I whisper at him, leaning against his touch.

"I don't know but I think it was mostly you."