Prologue

Listen to See You Again by Sam Smith

The cemetery was quiet as the small group watched as the brown coffin was lowered into the ground. Severus held his daughter to his chest, who was sobbing as her mother was being lowered deeper into the soggy ground. Severus silently crowd, trying to remain strong for his daughter. In his mind he kept replaying the moment that his wife was killed. How her eyes widened as she gasped his name. Severus. He recalled the last thing he said to her. When all this is over we'll be a proper family... I love you.

Death always prevails. The priest speaks about how Hermione was a strong woman and he speaks off her bravery and her love. But Severus was half listening. He was still in shock. He nearly could've touched her. He could see her body crumpling as it hit the ground. The priest called Severus up to speak about his wife. Ryder took his sobbing sister in his arms and they wept together. The Malfoys watched with heavy hearts ands their brother made his slow journey to the podium.

"I met Hermione when she was only 11 years old. She was a smart girl, who was always full of light. She was always brave, courageous, smiling and she always was reading a book. And she was always looking our for her two best friends.

"No matter what was thrown at Hermione, she always overcame it. She taught me how to love again and she gave me a meaning. She gave me her heart and I held onto it so tightly, and I still do. Hermione Jean Granger Snape was my everything, she always tried her best to make everyone happy and safe. But she never considered her own safety.

"She wanted to world for Serenity, Ryder and Katherine. And even in her de... passing she touches us all. Hermione was the most caring, loving and selfless girl I have ever seen and she still has my heart.

"Hermione, wherever you are I hope you see happy. And you have the biggest library out there. I am so sorry I couldn't save you or I didn't take her place. I love you so much. Always and forever." Severus broke down in tears as his wife's casket hit the bottom of the grave. In the back row Ginny Potter sat and cried as her own sister was being covered in dirt. Harry killed Tom but left immediately to France, to escape the grief of Hermione's death. He took the children with him and after the ceremony Ginny would go to him. She club don't leave without saying goodbye though. Severus linked eyes with the red head and she saw how broken he was without her.

Severus walked and Draco handed Katherine Rose over to her father. The men began to cover Hermione's casket with dirt. They didn't use magic as Hermione was bought into the world as a muggle and he thought it was only right for her to leave this world as a muggle.

Ginny raised her wand, with the tip lit. Everyone copied her. Severus was the last to raise his wand. This was their way of saying goodbye to someone they love. It was their way to say goodbye to Hermione.

●○●○●

Serenity sat by her mother's grave years after. "I'm pregnant mommy," She smiled sadly at the headstone. "Marvolo and I are having a baby."

Serenity stood and kissed her hand before placing it on the headstone. "I miss you."

Hermione stood by her grave, and smiled at her 21 year old daughter. She watched as Severus appeared before her and his eyes were still empty. He didn't say a word, and he didn't need to. He missed his wife, and he would do anything to see her one more time. But she was gone. Dead. Hermione turned around and walked into the forest, where she ascended to heaven after finally finding peace.

Severus gazed upon the gravestone and walked away. When all this is over we will be a proper family... I love you.

Here lies Hermione Jean Snape.
Loving mother, wife, best friend and the Brightest witch of her age.

The Last Enemy to be Destroyed shall be death!

THE END!

death!