Chapter 38

My palms sweat as I await the children to come in. Severus si tr s beside me on the love sofa. His warm hand sits on my thigh, and at the moment it is is the only thing keeping me from having a panic attack.

We are in the study. Tom Riddle is sitting at the main seat at the desk. The desk is facing the doorway, and Bellatrix is sitting beside him. Our seat is to the side of the desk against the wall, so we are not the main focus but we have a full view of the whole room.

The door swings open and Lucius walks in with Narcissa at his side. Behind them is the three children; Serenity, Ryder and Marvolo. Serenity notices Severus and I first, which causes her eyebrows to furrow together. Her hand is clutching Marvolo's and Ryder is slightly in front of her, as if he would throw himself in front of a spell for her.

"Hello," Tom smiles. I try to swallow the lump in my throat but with no success. The three children mutter hello. "Now you must be wondering why I have summoned you here?" The three children nod, not saying a word.

"Hermione, Severus and I have decided that you three must be informed with the upcoming events. And also the reason you have been taken out of Hogwarts until further notice."

Serenity is the first to speak. "I am sure your reasons for extracting us from Hogwarts is for the best, but we belong there. We haven't even finished our first year and you already want us out. I will not listen to your excuses, with all due respect, as they will never be good enough to take out two young wizards and a witch from the only place we are granted permission to practice and learn magic."

"You are definitely your mothers daughter Young Serenity. But you must understand that we would not take you out of the school if it wasn't life or death, and if you would've allowed me to finish you would understand that this is life or death. But your fact that you can only do magic at Hogwarts is incorrect. This whole premises has been covered in very difficult shielding spells that our very own Professor Snape has invented. So at Malfoys Manor you will be able to learn spells under strict supervision." Toms voice stays calm and I cannot help but feel proud of my daughter for standing up for her beliefs, even though she is in front of one of the most powerful wizards to ever exist.

"Father, what is going on?" Marvolo asks, finally finding his voice. "What do you mean life and death?"

"There is a storm brewing. And this will be one of the most ferocious storms to have ever occurred in all time. You children will be caught in the eye of the hurricane. You will be in grave danger and that is why you are no longer safe at Hogwarts. There is going to be another war my children." Ryder stands directly in front of his sister and puffs out his chest slightly.

"You will not involve my sister in the war. For as long as I am still breathing no harm shall come to her." Severus' lips curl slightly, and I can see the immense respect on his face for his son.

"I hope she will not get harmed. I would hate to see any of you get in harms way, but soon we shall all be faced with the choice between what is right and what is easy. But if you do get thrown into the fight, we need to know you will be able to prepare yourself. That's why until the time has come, you shall be attending classes on the property form dawn to dusk to train and prepare you for the war. You shall be our soldiers."

My breath hitches as they talk about soldiers. I zone out of the conversation, and before long the children have left. Severus stands and heads over to Toms desk, placing his hands flat against the wood.

"What is your plan My Lord?" He asks, his face smooth and holds no emotion. Through our many years of marriage I know this look. It is the look where Severus is on the edge of breaking down but he needs to stay strong.

"Hermione my dear," Riddle ignores Severus, turning to me instead. "Do you trust me?"

"I do my Lord," I say, looking anywhere but in his gray eyes.

"Good." His eyes dart back to Severus. "The plan is to wait for the whole wizard in community to be at one spot and for Harry Potter to be the main face of the occasion. And when everyone is relaxed, we strike. Through them off their guard. Amongst the chaos we take out whoever we can, they must know we are back! I have to be the one to kill Harry Potter. And we shall keep Hermione shielded until she faces a friend where she shall unmask herself. This will show the world that we have the Greatest Witch of her Age among us. Neither can live whilst the other survives. And I shall be the one to survive."

A/N
Hello
The story is nearly over *sob* And today I decided how this novel will end. But I am giving you an early warning: Please emotionally prepare yourself! The end of the story will be be a 'happily ever after' and it will probably kill me to write it. But fear not my sweet children, we have always risen together in death!

Much love

NicoleChristine1