Chapter 40

Harry Potter's eyes swept over the large crowd in front of him whilst he spoke about the ministries plan to make the Forbidden Forest a safer place. It seemed like all wizards and witches were there for his speech. In the crowd he saw his wife Ginny smile at him, which caused a swarm of butterflies to parade in his stomach.

Ginny was the love of his life and he will always remember her as the shy 10 year old who asked her mother were her sweater was (which was on the cat). Harry's eyes glanced upwards to see a green spark flying in his direction. Potter quickly ducked out of way, making the killing spell hit the wall of Hogwarts behind him. Voldemort used his smoke power to dart onto the front of the stage, and some didn't recognize the Dark Wizard but shock flooded through Harry's veins. How could it be? Harry had killed Tom Riddle with his own wand. He had seen Riddle fall to the ground and he saw Riddles mundane death. But still, here he stood. Muchly alive.

"Hello," Riddle calls over the large crowd. His death Eaters watched in humor as the Wizard and witches looked among themselves. "My name is Tom Marvolo Riddle." Riddle spelled the words out with the tip of his wand in the air, he then unjumbled the letters as he had done all those years ago. I am Lord Voldemort. A few women screamed as the death Eaters, lead by Lucius Malfoy, began firing spells into the crowd.

Ginny has quick to grab her children and disapperate home to get them to safety before returning to the battle field. People were running everywhere, and it seemed like there was thousands of people at Hogwarts. Ginny ran towards a small child who was crying on the ground, covering his ears in fear. Ginny swooped him into his arms before carrying him towards the castle. She placed the child at the main entrance and told him to hide.

When she turned around two Death Eaters were facing her. Their masks were similar but they were still evil looking as they always had been. Ginny shuddered slightly but Harry was quick to her side, shielding his wife from harm. Hermione stood in front of her two childhood best friends, and watched sadly as Harry protected his beloved. Hermione sighed before reaching up to her mask and peeling it off her face.

Harry and Ginny audibly gasped as they stared into the chocolate brown eyes of their best friend. "Hermione?" Harry whispered. Before he could reply Hermione through a confudus charm at the lovers before disarming them both and disappearing. She placed her mask back on and her breathes her ragid and uneven. She had done it. She has unmasked herself. She hid behind a large willow tree in the Forbidden Forest, trying to calm herself down. Tom Riddle appeared beside her and she handed over the wands. "For you my lord." Riddle smiled at the witch in front of him and at that moment Severus appeared. Riddle left the two in the blink of an eye and Hermione collapsed into her husband's arms, tears flowing freely.

Severus held her close, they were far enough away from the battle that they wouldn't be seen but the screaming was still audible. Severus took of his mask and also took Hermione's off before he kissed her deeply, pushing her against the large willow tree. His hands tangled with her hair and she groped his chest, hungry for the contact.

"Hermione, when all this is over we will be a proper family." Sirius Black had said that to Harry a long time ago but the two lovers were oblivious to many of the secrets Black shared to Potter. "I love you." Severus places his wife's mask on before his own and they disappeared the rejoin the fight. Spells her being thrown everywhere and fire had erupted in the grounds.

Smoke had covered the premises and it was almost impossible to see. The flashing lights were disorientating. Hermione stumbled over bodies that had littered the ground, and she made sure jot to look at their faces as she was frightened to see someone she loved on the ground.

Severus had killed many during the fight. And he felt no remorse. He had killed ex-students of his. And he felt no mercy. Nothing could stop Severus Snape from his murder spree. He saw Tom and Harry fighting in the distance as he shot the killing curse at a witch he didn't know. The fire was burning brighter and the sky darkened even more. Severus saw a familiar face in the crowd and he stopped dead in his tracks. Ryder.

Severus ran to his son and grabbed his arm before quick traveling, using his smoke power,into the forest. "What are you doing here?" Severus growled. "Where is your sister?"

"She is at the Manor with Marvolo," he promised."I wanted to make sure you and mum were okay."

"You need to go home right now Ryder," Severus said quietly. "Look after your sister until we return." Ryder nodded before disapperating home. The children had been taught that in their lessons.

Severus sighed, leaning against a tree. He didn't know what the outcome of this war would be, but he swore that no matter what would happen he would protect his family. He would not let anything happen to his wife or his children, and he would die trying if need be.

But the battle was raging on and the smoke grew denser. This was it. The final fight before the end. Severus rushed back into battle, firing spells at the innocent. He was enraged. He wanted to be home. He wanted to be safe. But here he was, in another god damn war. And he was pissed, to out it nicely. Severus fought and he fought. He wasn't sure what time it was, because the sky was covered with dense black smoke. He wanted to disappear home with Hermione. He wanted to be with his children.

The Battle raged on and so many had lost their lives. Tom and Harry continued to fight, neither beating the other. Severus caught eyes with Hermione and the smiled at each other, even though the other couldn't see it. Severus was about two arms length away from his beloved when a green spark flew past his side and hit Hermione straight in the chest. Her mask fell of and she gasped one word, "Severus," before crumpling to the ground.

The whole world stopped for Severus as he fell to his knees. He grabbed Hermione's hand. Hoping she would open her eyes and kiss him. But her body was growing cold. Nearby someone's body hit the ground and the fight had ended but it didn't matter to Severus. His wife, his soul, his world, his Hermione, was dead.