Chapter 30

:Hermione:

Sometimes in life things happen. It might be out of the blue, or there is a series of events leading up to the big moment. But nothing will ever prepare you for when something large happens.

Even as a teenager, my life was full of excitement, danger and pain. From the moment I befriended Harry Potter and Ronald Weasley, my life changed. I was thrown into a maze of trouble. Everything I did was to keep my two best friends alive. Everything I learnt at school I had to use to stay alive.

At the age of eleven, I was almost killed by a mountain troll. Crying in the bathroom because of what the kids were saying then being almost being trampled by an 8 foot giant.

At 12 years old, I accidently turned myself into into a cat. And then I was petrified by a freaking giant snake. I tried to help Harry and Ron before I was attacked, but they didn't get my message until after I was immobilized.

At 13, I was again forced to face dangers. A 'mass murderer' planned on killing my best friend and I was forced to break so many school rules that Pre-Friendship-With-Harry Hermione would've died from a heart attack. I risked my life to save not only one, but two innocent beings.

When I was 14 I finally began to notice the male gender, but it came at a price. Victor Krum, is a famous Quidditch player, and out of all the population whom was at Hogwarts that year, he was the one that took my fancy and I took his. Victor was my first kiss, first love and I was finally able to let my hair down and act like a process, even if it was for only one night. But in the Tri Wizard Tournament, we realized that Lord Voldemort was truly back and that a war was brewing. The death of Cedric Diggory marked the beginning of the Wizard War.

When I was fifth teen things started changing, and not for the better. Harry began having visions into the mind of Lord Voldemort himself, and this was used against him. When be saw Voldemort torturing Sirius Black we all rushed to his aid, which led us to being in mortal danger by Voldemort's minions, the Death Eaters. Our 'heroic' actions led to the death of Harry's godfather and only family.

When I was 16 years old, Hogwarts was infiltrated by the Ministry. A toad dressed as a lady in pink overran Hogwarts and destroyed our education. But that was the year it also bought me Severus Snape. Severus managed to save me from myself and he also made me feel a burning desire for his love.

My life was changed so dramatically, that I sometimes feel dazed by the changes that took place in mere moments. My parents had to forget me wholly and I had to try and forget them.

I became a mother to three angels and I will be forever grateful for the way they have shaped my life.

But I was blessed mostly by the love of my life. Severus Tobias Snape. He changed me in more ways than I thought he could've, but for each part me of that changed the more I fell in love with him.

My life was on a high. I had just given birth to my third child and everything was great. Severus and I couldn't be more in love and we couldn't have been more happy.

But your life can only reach a certain level of happiness before tragedy strikes.

It was an ordinary night. Our house was asleep and I was dreaming about Severus' lips. I heard him get up in the morning but I was still half unconscious. He left me in my room for a few minutes to check on our child and when he returned his face turned grave.

I remember the way he rushed to my side, and he checked for a pulse. I thought it was strange as I could see him but somehow he hadn't noticed. Every time I tried telling him I was fine, no words would escape my mouth.

Severus looked like he was in so much pain as he ran out of the room. I could hear his rushed voice calling for help through the telephone and I couldn't help but feel immobilized. I tried to move, to tell Severus that I was okay, but I couldn't. Everything I tried failed. I don't know how much time passed before many men came into our room.

But they checked me and tried to strengthen my slowly fading pulse. It wasn't until they were carrying me out of the room connected to an oxygen pump that I finally saw myself. Blue lips, slightly tinted blue face and not moving apart from the slight lift of my chest and the wheezing of the air leaving my lips.

As they loaded me into the ambulance, the darkness that was playing with the edges of my sight began to come around me. It was like a warm hug from a loved one. All my life I feared death, but when I was face to face with my death I felt at ease.