Chapter 24!

"As you all know, the first task of the TriWizard Tournament is happening in in the next week. I know that you all are very excited about the tournament, but I want to remind all the students from all the schools that we are to stick together and to cheer for our Champions," Professor McGonagall's voice echoed through the hall.

Marvolo's hand grips mine under the table, and I squeeze it back. I know he is as nervous as I am, but I will never leave him. This is the time he needs me most, and I will stick by his side no matter what. "You'll be fine," I whisper to him.

"I am so bloody nervous," he mutters.

"I know you are but don't forget you aren't alone. You know what the task is going to be, so we just need to figure out a plan." The teachers told us ages ago what the first task it. To get an egg from a dragon. Sounds like fun. Not. I do not envy any of the champions.

Once dinner is over, Marvolo and I sit on the couch in front of the fire flipping through spell books, trying to figure out a plan for facing the dragon.

"Maybe you could summon a broom like Harry Potter did?" I suggest.

"Seri, I kind of want to be a little individual," Marvolo chuckles.

"Maybe you could use confundus?" I say. "It confuses the opponent and in that time you should be able to get the egg."

"Well, that could work, but does confundus work against a Dragon?" Marvolo asks, his eyes looking deeply into the fire, as if he is awaiting for someone to pop out of it.

"I'm pretty sure it will, but you might have to use the spell a few times to few times for a great affect," I frown.

"I think I found a good one. Immobus. It makes the opponent immobile. If I were to use it against the dragon, I would be able to get the egg," Marvolo smiles at me.

"That is a great plan," I smile back at him, pressing my lips to his cheek.

+-+-+

Everyone assembles in the podium and I sit near Jessica and Ryder, the cold air blowing on the back of my neck. My hands shake with nerves as I await the task to start. Marvolo was practicing the Immobus spell for a week, and has perfected it.

This is the day, that I have been dreading. Marvolo's mother, Bellatrix, has come to the school to watch, but I am not surprised that his father didn't come. Bellatrix stands alone, her black hair frizzing everywhere as she watched eagerly.

-Marvolo-

Professor McGonagall walks into the tent where the champions are sitting in and she smiles nervously at me. She pulls out a bag and we all assemble around her. "In this bag there are three statues. A statue for each champion. Each statue is of a different dragon and it will be the dragon that you will be against. Of course ladies first." McGonagall takes the bag to where Zoey, the Beaubaxton champion. She puts her hand in the bag with confidence and pulls out a miniature Swedish Short-Snout, with a two around its neck.

The Durmstrang champion, David Ainsworth, is next. David hesitantly puts his hand in the bag and pulls out a Common Welsh Green, with a one around its neck. I bite my lip nervously, awaiting my turn. The teachers beckon me forward towards the bag. In the bag is one dragon, and I am going last. I am both excited but nervous about this task. Excited because I am going up against a dragon, but nervous because I am going up against a dragon.

I put my hand in the bag and pull out a Chinese Fireball. I breathe out a sigh of relief. The number three hangs loosely around the dragons neck as it scurries up my arm before nestling on my shoulder. Professor McGonagall breaks the deafening silence, "Well now that we have that sorted, Mr Ainsworth is to go first, Miss Hamilton will go second and finally Mr Riddle will go. The first task is simple retrieve the  golden egg that the dragon is protecting without breaking any of the real eggs. Points will be deducted with every broken egg.

"The Champions are to remain in the tent until it is your turn. Under no condition are you to speak to anyone who is not a Champion or a Staff member. If you are found in any contact with an outside person, you shall be disqualified from the Task, and you will have to win your points in the remaining two Tasks." I can hear my heart thumping in my ears as McGonagall walks out of the tent. I try to focus on her addressing the public, but I can't. Her words slur together, and I zone out completely. Immobus. Immobus. The spell echoes in my mind. I cannot mess this up. I will not mess this up.

After what feels like lifetimes, McGonagall returns to the tent. I am finally able to concentrate as she pulls Zoey out of the tent and towards the arena, where she will face the Swedish Short Snout. They enchanted the tent wall to view the events happening in the arena. I watch as Zoey waves to the crowd as she bravely walks out. She looks calm, very calm. Too calm even. The crowds roars and cheers echo in the tent and in the grounds of Hogwarts.

The Short Snouts red body quivers as it lets out a mighty roar, fire streaming out of its nose in an endless wave. I gulp silently, feeling fearful for Zoey. But she smirks at the dragon and looks over it, studying its body shape and the muscular legs that hold up its large body. Zoey dodges a fireball that flies in her direction before enchanting the dragon to sleep. She laughs to herself as she pounces on the rocks, before grabbing the egg. Zoey passed the first task.

David walks slowly into the arena, his nerves evident on his face. But the crowds cheers must give him a certain amount of confidence as he immediately springs into action, sprinting to the left of the dragon. The dragon spins blowing fire at David but he misses them, but searing off a part of his eyebrow. He used the Conjunctivitic Spell to blind the dragon. He retrieves the egg but the dragon stumbles and its tail smashes three eggs, which is deducted from his score.

Finally, it is my turn. I walk into the arena and I am shocked to see the amount of people. I notice Serenity, Jessica and Ryder sitting near my mother holding up a sign. Riddle Is Our King! They put a picture of my face on the sign, and I laugh to myself. My mother sits nervously in the crowd, and I smile at her. I turn to look at the Chinese Fireball. Its large body stands tall, towering over me, and its yellow stomach is tinted with orange.

I quickly duck for cover behind a large boulder. I point my wand at the dragon and shout my spell. "Imobus." The dragon stops moving, giving me the opportunity to dash to another to another boulder before repeating the spell. The crowds cheers are deafening, and I almost get distracted by them but I continue inching forwards. By the time I use the spell another time I am at the egg, I quickly dash to it and sweep it into my arms before running back to safety. The crowd roars louder and I hold the egg high in the air. I did it. I managed to capture the egg.

I am ushered back to safety, where my scrapes are nursed by Madam Promfrey. They announced the scores. I was equal first on points with Zoey, and David was following us closely. "Now the second task will be held in a month. Be sure to use the clue swirling deep inside the egg to help you prepare."

A/N

Sorry for the delayed chapter. I hope it is up to your standards. Life has been pretty hectic lately, and I am on holidays. I have exams a few weeks ago and had a school camp last week, so I have been so busy. I am going to try and update more often and I am also thinking about writing another story.

Which of my ideas do you think would best?
~A teen fiction
~Vampire
~Werewolf
~Horror
~Other Ideas

Lots and lots of love,
NicoleChristine1