Chapter 5!

:Serenity:

Toby takes my hand and leads me into the Room of Requirements. The interior looks a lot like it did last night but instead of rose pedals being on the ground, lily pedals cover the wooden floor. Toby is wearing a dark blue button shirt and dress pants, whereas I'm wearing a light blue-green shirt with dark jeans. He helps me into my chair before sitting in his own. I smile and take his hand from across the table. "Let's learn more about each other," Toby's says.

"Okay," I reply.

"What's your favorite color?" He asks.

I raise my eyebrow and laugh. "Blue, yours?"

"Red."

+-+-+

A few hours and many bowls of pasta later, we were finally talking about the deep stuff.

"I had a little sister, Elise. She had the blondest hair and bluest eyes. She was perfect. It was three days until her 6th birthday when our house was broken into by these dark wizards. They kept talking about Lord Voldemort and betrayal. My father, tried to fight them off but one of them said something about 'A life for a life'," Toby's voice breaks off into a sob. "She was in the crossfire. They hit her with a spell, and before she hit the ground they had left. We took her to St Mungo's but she was already gone." Toby sobs into my hair. We are sitting on a couch in the room, holding each other. "They killed her. She wasn't even six."

"I'm sorry," I whisper tears falling down my face.

"My mother got really sick a month after Elise died. She wouldn't eat or sleep, she was depressed. She tried to hide her pain from me and dad, but we could hear her cries when she showered. We could see the cuts. I tried to help her, I was trying to be there," Toby whispers. "Mum started to get better, she was eating and sleeping but she still cut.  I begged her to stop but she wouldn't. She blamed herself for Elise's death. I was the one that found her. In the garage. Just hanging there." Toby's words become muffled sobs as he holds me tight. I cry with him. "Its just me and dad now. But he drowns himself in his work."

"Toby listen," I say, holding his head so he is looking at me with tear streaked cheeks. "I will never ever let anyone hurt you. Ever. You and me okay. Forever. They are watching you, Elise and your mum. They must be so proud of you, because you are so strong! You are so, so strong! I promise you that I will never leave your side. I will never let you go through this pain alone. I will always be with you." Toby nods before pressing his forehead to mine, closing his eyes.

"Thank-you," he whispers. "I don't know what I would do if I had never met you."

"Me either. I kind of know your pain. My grandparents, my mums parents, were killed a few years ago because of some Death Eaters. I don't understand why they are still attacking muggles and the muggleborns, because Voldemort is dead. They went through their house and trashed the place, murdering my grandparents. Mum and I went to visit them the next day and found them. It was horrible," I murmur, images of my grandparents bloodied bodies running through my mind. "I was only four."

"Serenity, can I be honest with you?" Toby whispers, guilt in his eye.

"Of course," I say, stroking Toby's wet cheeks.

"When Elise was killed, and my mother died, I didn't know how I was going to live. I got my Hogwarts letter and my father was so happy, he works at the Ministry and for the past 3 months he has been searching for the people who killed his daughter. And killed his wife. When Elise died, yes I was devastated but i knew I had both of my parents and I could always rely on them. They were always there for me during everything and all I ever wanted was to make them happy. I tried so hard to prove to them, this I was a good child and they could be proud of me. When my mum was going through her depression, I tried even harder to make her happy. I would clean and clean the house, I did all the gardens for her and I tried my absolute hardest," he whispers. "I remember waking up that morning, May 10th, to a horrible feeling in my stomach that something had happened. I walked all around the house calling out for my mum. I remember collapsing on the floor when I walked into the Garage. My whole world crashed down on me. I screamed for my father, and I cried so hard. I had lost my sister, then my mother. I was a broken child. I was motherless. I was sister-less. At my mother's funeral, I sat alone at the back of the room in the corner. All my family held each other and cried. It was only a month earlier we had buried my sister. No one looked for me, no one knew what to say to me. I just wish it was me." Toby broke down in tears again and I pull him against me. "I'm sorry for being a mess," he whispers. "But today is her birthday. My mothers."

I tilt Toby's head to face mine before softly touching my lips to his. I get a buzz as he runs his fingers through my hair as I hold his head softly. Minutes pass and we finally break the kiss, panting softly. "Toby I am here for you!"

"Serenity, will you please do me the honor of becoming my girlfriend?" Toby whispers.

"Of course!" I press my lips to his again.

We are two teenagers who have faced so much pain. Both discovered our family dead. We are two broken teenagers, but we complete each other. I am so happy that he is mine, and I am his! We are young and in love! We will face the world together.

A/N:
I hate writing