Chapter 34!!

:Hermione:

Through the darkness that I have grown used to, I feel a burning sensation somewhere on my body. I try to scream, but no sound leaves my dry voice. The burning sensation increases, until it is so panful I wish for death. But no death comes, nor does any relief. But instead I feel a hand take mine and a gentle caress on the outer side of my hand. Severus. I have grown familiar to his rough and calloused fingers, and the way his thumb gentle strokes my knuckles.

With Severus holding me, some of the pain is numbed out. But not all of it. The burning is still there, and I try to pinpoint its location on my body. Left forearm, I believe it is. The searing pain begins to fade, and the darkness starts getting lighter. Instead of the midnight black that has consumed my world, the area around me begins to swirl into a grey, before I am approached by a blinding light. The light lasts for seconds before I feel my eyelids slide open, and the world around my becomes clear.

The first thing that I see is Severus' smile. My breath catches in my throat as he smiles a true smile. He leans down and gently hugs me. "I've missed you my dear," he whispers in my ear. I try to reply but my voice is dry and croaks. "Shh my love, do not speak." Severus softly presses his lips to mine, and I melt in his arms. He leans away but he never fully releases me. It seems that he always has to be touching me. The second thing I see is Bellatrix Lestrange. I gape at her and shrink in my bed. The memory of how she tortured me in the Malfoy Manor replays in my head and tears fill in my eyes.

"I mean you no harm Hermione Snape," Bellatrix raises her hands, with her palms facing me as if she was surrendering. "I am not the woman I once was."

I look at Severus. He nods at me. "It is true Mione. Bella is one of us."

"On.... One.... o...f... us?" I croak.

"Hermione Snape, you have missed a lot," a sleek and deep voice drawls. I look into the far corner of the room, and there is a man with dark hair and grey-red snake-like eyes. It takes me a moment to realize who I am looking at, but once I look at his eyes, I know immediately who it is, and my breath hitches with fear.

"H... How are... yo... you... al... alive?" my voice catches with fear.

"It is a long story Mrs Snape, but it is one you will remember," Lord Voldemort smirks at me. He does not look like the snake-man I grew up fighting against with Harry. Instead he looks like an ordinary man, except for the eyes, but he does look like the teenage version of Tom Riddle.

"Hermione, can you please just trust them for the moment?" Severus smiles nervously at me. "We need to fill you in with everything you missed whilst you were unconscious." I nod, merely because I do not trust my voice. "The night I found you in bed almost on the brink of death, I called for the muggle ambulance, knowing how much faith you had in them. After a few days of testing, and only being allowed one hour to spend with you each day, the doctor who was looking over you told me that you had a tumour. A cancerous tumour. And he said you were aware of this when you gave birth to Katherine Rose. Why didn't you tell me Mione? We could've prevented this..." his voice breaks. After clearing his voice, Severus continues.

"I was enraged. Narcissa and Lucius agreed that whilst I was in this emotional state, they should take Katherine and look after her whilst you were getting better. I agreed with them knowing I would be emotionally unstable to look after our child. I could not imagine a worst thing. Losing you would be equivalent to a living hell for me. I was desperate for a way to save you. So I went to Bella. She is one of the smartest witches I know, and I hoped she would have an idea.

"And she did. We spoke about this idea for a few days, we had to rush as the doctor didn't know how long you would survive. It took a little bit of convincing, but we managed to get the Dark Lord on board with our plan to save you. And it worked. Hermione, we saved you."

"What was... the plan?" I ask, my voice beginning to get used to speaking once-more.

"Please do not get mad," Severus watches me carefully. He slowly takes my left hand, and begins to roll up the sleeve of my gown.

"What are... you doing?" I ask. Severus smiles slightly at me, but I can tell he is forcing it. He continues to roll up the sleeve and I am greeted with the dark ink of the snake and skull. My mouth gapes open and I look with horror at the tattoo on my arm. "You gave me... the dark mark?" I gasp.

"It was the only way to save you," Severus murmurs, his eyes filling with tears. The pain in his eyes is evident. I sigh, rolling down the sleeve. Trying to hide my ink.

"We will speak... about this later," I say. "Now that I am a... Death Eater," the word feels like venom on my tongue, "what am I supposed to do?"

"We will firstly teach you our ways," Tom speaks. "We will teach you how we work and our rules. Then we will train you and teach you some of our spells. And you will swear to secrecy."

I nod slightly, my heart pounding in my chest.

"Welcome to the Dark Side Hermione Snape."

A/N

Hello :)

I know it has been a while, but I am going to try and update my Wattpad stories more often.

I hope all my readers had a very Merry Christmas and an amazing New Years Eve.

I hope 2016 is filled with love and happiness and it fulfils all your dreams.

Much love,
NicoleChristine1