chapter 4 | Bashful

Since I am alone and that I cannot wait to see what she wrote, I open the note and read it.

_ Don't worry, I'm shy as well, I know how it feels;-; so...hello...and that was cute _

I grin but keep this in my pocket. "Come on!" my best friend jumps on me after rushing out of the class. "Show me. I wanna see. Have you made a move?"

"I won't tell you, leave me alone," my smile betrays me by exposing my shyness about this topic, and he chuckles. "You're fucking whipped for her."

"Shut up, I gotta go," I run away while giggling and escape this to go to my room. I slow down once I am on the first floor, and I reach my room. I enter it but quickly realize that I am first and that my roommate has not come back yet, so I take my shoes off, and I land on my flat on my bed. I had a good day, even if I had to pass three tests, I am good.

20 minutes later...

I wake up in a startle at the sound of the door getting opened, but once I see my roommate's face, I realize that I am in an embarrassing position. "Did you fall and doze off right away?" he makes fun of me, so I laugh but take my bag off of me and drop it on the floor to turn around and lie down on my back. "Bro...I'm tired..." I chuckle, but something bothers me. "And it's always so hot in here, damn," I take my hoodie off. "Can't I lower it a little?"

"How the fuck can you be hot? I just came back, and I'm freezing," this ice cube ruins my mood. "I swear I'm gonna walk around the room naked, I'm sweating right now," I throw my clothing on my bed. "Get naked, I don't care."

"But I'm gonna cause you some insecurities..." I joke with him, but he looks at me and sits down on his bed. "You think you would?" he raises his eyebrows at me, and I laugh. "I'm kidding."

"Anyway," he stretches and lies down. "How did your tests go?" he closes his zip-up hoodie and puts his hood on. "Kinda fine, but this might mean that I failed, so I don't know," I do not express any confidence about it. "Well, each time I find it easy it means I failed hard, so I hope that's different for you."

"Same," I chuckle to hide my nervousness, but I grab my hoodie to get the note out of the pocket, and I put it in my wallet. "What's that?"

"A note..." I smile but do not lie, and I lean towards the small fridge to get a can of peach juice. "Oh. A note. May I know from who it is?" he gets interested in this. "Well..." I clear my throat but drink, too shy to face the truth. "A girl," I tongue my inner cheek and hold my can between my thighs. "The only one I follow on Instagram."

"Ah okay, I see what's going on," he smirks but looks away to chill on his bed. I grin but let out a burst of laughter like a kid. "She's cute as hell. I can't help it."

"What's her name?" he questions me about something I wish I knew. "I don't know yet, I'm gonna ask her."

"You don't even know her name? Have you once talked to her at least?" he doesn't understand me, so I explain without being clear. "I just don't have the balls to go towards her, so we never talked."

"Ah okay, you're a pussy," he mocks me like a jerk, but I agree with him. "You're right. I'm not even denying it," I take a sip of my drink and put it down. He does not keep quiet but scoffs at me. "It's hard to believe though. With all the stuff you post on Instagram, and the way you act with your friends. You don't seem to be the type of person who can be shy."

"I'm not shy with random people that I meet or friends, but when I'm attracted to a girl, that's different," I give the reason for me to feel that way, and he grins. "Aw, that's cute."