chapter 22 | Group chat

"Hey," I pull him close to hold his body against me as some tears already rolled down his face, and the emotions become too strong for him to hold them back.

"What's wrong?" I comb his hair back, but he brings his hands up to his face to cover it and not let me see the pain through his features. "I don't fucking know...I'm tired..."

"What's on your mind? Are you thinking about something?" I try my best to get to know what is the exact problem right now in a calm manner, but the sobbing I can hear from him tears me apart. He does not answer, but I remain silent while holding him tight and give him the time he needs to talk.

"I feel so useless and worthless...I feel like..." he chokes on his sobs and wipes his tears away, crying in my chest. "Like I don't fucking need to live 'cause I'm just an irrelevant person—"

"Don't say that," I cut him off, not bearing those types of words. "Do you know how much you mean to me, how much of an amazing person you are?" I repeat those words he often hears from me but never wants to believe. "You have no idea how much I'd be fucking suffering without you. You make my days better you're always here when I need someone to listen to me, you help me a lot with everything in my life, you understand me, you always know whenever I'm not feeling okay, and..." a sigh escapes me, feeling the pain on my chest and not knowing what to say more. "And even if y/n barely knows you, she really enjoys her time with you and finds you amazing as a person and friend."

He dries his tears, his sleeves soaking them one by one. I wish I were able to make him feel good, enjoy life, and realize how precious and special he is.

"And I love you," I wrap my arms around his neck to have my face near his, but he does not move, he receives all this physical comfort and revels in it. "I love you a lot lot lot," I make sure that he prints this into his brain, memorize those words, and do no doubt them. Since he is not talking anymore but doing everything possible to calm down, I press a kiss on his forehead and keep my eyes on him.

— Next day —

Saturday, September 25th, 2021.

10 am.

Junjun
< kook? ]

Junjun
< y/n? ]

Nounours
< I'm here:> ]

I check the texts I just received after waking up and joining the group chat that Hojun created for the four of us but do not feel very relaxed about this idea.

I feel like I am going to live so many embarrassing moments in this chat, I know it already.

Junjun
< great:D What about Kimoon? ]

[ I'm here too bb >

Junjun
< finally🥰 how are you both doing? ]

Nounours
< good and you? Did you sleep well? ]

[ fine and you? >

Junjun
< good and fine too, I slept like a baby, how about you? ]

I smile at the sight of this answer since I have not forgotten the fact that he slept in my arms for some time before I left his room.

Nounours
< I slept well too ]

Junjun
< good c: what are you all doing rn? ]

Nounours
< I'm drinking coffee, and you? ]

[ still waking up... >