chapter 35 | Private

He seems doubtful and worried.

"No matter what this is about, don't be scared to tell me. Whether this is about how you feel or what you think, need to know...I'm here to listen to you and answer your questions," I do not fear anything, knowing that I have to be honest with him.

After a few seconds that were silent, he decides to look up at me. "You remember that Jungkook talked to me this morning, right?" he reminds me of it, and I nod without saying a word to let him continue. "It was...about Kimoon. He came up to me last night, he was crying a lot, and he wanted to talk to me, but I refused...and...I'm scared, I feel hurt, I don't really know what to do in this situation, and I haven't seen him just once today. I want to talk to him, but I feel like this would be wrong since he hurt you and Jungkook, but at the same time, I know I'm hurting him for suddenly ignoring him and acting like we don't know each other...I don't like to do this..."

"What has Jungkook told you?" I do not give my opinion yet but hear what he has to say. "He was first kinda mad to hear me say that I wanna talk to Kimoon and maybe kinda forgive him or give him another chance. Then, when we had the talk, he reassured me and told me that I can talk to Kimoon or you if I need to...and that he won't ever be disappointed in me no matter what I do."

I tilt my head to the side and glance down at his band-aid that he keeps on touching nervously. Not hearing anything more from him, I breathe out and think about what to say. "If you're worried about what I might think, I want you to know that you don't have to. There is nothing wrong with wanting to talk and make things clear. You have the right to do it, and it's important if you believe this will help you because I feel like you're putting too much pressure on your shoulders."

He nods, agreeing to what I said, which means that he is indeed very concerned about this matter. "Won't you hate me for talking to him though...? I don't condone what he did to you at all, but I'm scared that you might think so if I ever give him another chance," he stresses himself out, but to such an extent that he forgets about his own point of view and well-being. "I'll never hate you, Hojun. I forgave him, and I gave him another chance too, so I'll never hate you for doing the same. He's your best friend after all, so no one has the right to tell you what to do, or be mad at you for doing what makes you feel better as long as you respect everyone involved, and I know that you do."

He grips his own fingers while staring at the floor, and the corners of his lips curve up. "I know him, and I know that he must be in pain right now. The thing is that I'm in a relationship with Jungkook, and he stepped over the boundaries by not respecting that, so I did forgive him for his mistake, but this is better for the both of us to not talk to each other anymore. If he still has feelings for me, it will hurt him to have to consider me as a friend only, and I cannot be friends with him knowing all of this. He knows this is the best, and I know that he'll understand and get over it."

"From your point of view, do you think he really feels guilty for what he did? Like, a lot?" he asks me, curious to know more about this past. "I know that he does. That's why I forgave him. You know, when you've been dating someone for two years and that nothing bad ever happened, that the person has always been there for you, always supportive, caring, loving with you, and that suddenly, they do something like that, you know that it isn't them. It's not who they are. It does hurt a lot, but even if I couldn't face him again after that, I knew that he hated himself as well and struggled a lot because of that mistake, so I wanted to forgive him."

"Do you think you'll ever regret giving him another chance to be a better person?" he does not judge me for what I did, for my choices, and a smile forms on my face. "I won't. I don't ever regret anything because I know that if I made one choice, I knew it was the best one for me at that moment. So no, I won't regret forgiving him, he did do something wrong, but he wasn't a bad person," I shrug. No matter what he did to me, I know that he never meant to do it, and would never have wanted this to happen either.