chapter 33 | Sensitive

— Next day —

Tuesday, September 28th, 2021.

5:40 am.

The sound of an unfamiliar alarm takes me out of my peaceful sleep when the darkness is still pretty present in the room, but I do not move, only the one in my arms is doing it to put an end to this awful noise. She does not come back into my embrace, so I open my sleepy eyes and snuggle up against her to ask for her to stay with me a little longer. "Good first morning with me," I smile and press a kiss on her ear, speaking in a husky voice, and I get her to hug me. "Good morning," she gives me a kiss back, and we both hold each other a little more tightly.

"Did you sleep well?" I hide my face in the crook of her neck, and she nods. "Hm. I did, and you? Did you sleep like a baby with me?" she grins, her cheek rising against mine. "I did. Best night I've ever had," I do not tell a lie but let her know how good I feel with her, and she runs her fingers through my hair. "I'm happy you feel the same way I do."

I smile without saying anything, feeling peaceful, almost like if I was dreaming and having an amazing moment in heaven. This feeling you get when you are cuddling the one you love, the one who makes you feel as much love as you give them, is too powerful to even be defined with words. This is a feeling you do not want to forget but always have.

"I love you," I whisper in her ear, rubbing my hand up and down her back. "I love you too," she kisses my jawline and moves her head back, so I open my eyes, but she rests her hand on my cheek and holds my jawline. We do not say a word but stare at each other, into the eyes, deeply.

I can still remember what she told me last night, what happened, and what I felt, but the night we had, and this moment right now, they both make me forget about how awful it was to go through that. The thoughts, the fears, the assumptions that ate me up, they disappeared, and I cannot figure out how easy it is for her to erase those negative emotions from me.

Love plays a part, but still, she has such a good effect on me that it could be addicting.

Her thumb caressing my cheek as we are both swimming in the ocean that our souls turned into, we make one with eye contact only, and as if we could feel each other's emotions through it, we both smile at the same time but do not even know exactly why.

Wanting some more closeness between us, I lean in and pull her in to have my body fully against hers, and I nuzzle the tip of her nose with mine. Her smile never fades away. This is what matters to me, I want to make her feel like that, good, happy, and safe.

I wish the small fight, argument of last night did not happen because of all the stress it made me feel, but if it did not, we would not be here, holding each other and showing sincere love to reassure one another.

Her touch is so relaxing for my body that I just want to close my eyes and go back to sleep, but I also do not want to sleep so that I can enjoy this to the full and always feel her close to me.

The temptation being too irresistible, I move forth and kiss her lips, and she smiles but hides her face in my chest. "I gotta get ready, I take a lot of time in the morning."

"As long as you wanna take a lot of time with me this morning, I'm fine with it," I send her hints, wondering if she would be okay with doing everything with me. "I do want to. Let's take a lot of time together," she traces her fingers over my chest, so I drop a kiss on her temple and look at her features that she is concealing. "Show me your cute morning face a little more," I mumble against her cheek and skim it with my lips, but it rises under the effect of her delight, and she rolls on her back to gaze up into my eyes and give me what I want, but she still acts a bit shy and fiddles with her lips in front of me, concealing her smile behind her fingers.