Chapter 2

Talk"

'Think'

"Parseltongue"

Chapter Two – Letters of the Truth

Harry woke to the soft nuzzling of his new young black ferret. His new little one had burrowed under his sleeping shirt to get warm and sleep but was now up and hungry. Quietly Harry reached for the bottle and milk he set beside the bed on the nightstand. As he fed his little one, he glanced at the black metal watch that his aunt got him for his sixth birthday. He had only been able to keep it so he knew what time he needed to be up to cook his uncle and cousin's breakfast.

The clock read 11: 32 pm. He glanced over at his aunt sleeping peacefully beside him. She always spent the countdown to his birthday awake with him. She'll wake soon and go downstairs to make tea to help wake herself up before she grabs the small cake she baked for him. She'll grab whatever present she got him this year and bring everything up here to celebrate.

He smiled as he turned his attention back to his little one who just finished the rest of her milk and was settling down to sleep some more. He set the bottle back down on the nightstand and looked around the room. When it was just Petunia and Harry home they slept in the guest room together. He was always told she did that when he first came to live in the house. It helped with the nightmares he always had. As he got older Petunia could only hold and cuddle Harry when no one else was home.

A hiss pulled him from his thoughts. His beauty was glaring at him. "Master, you should be sleeping. It is not good if you stay up all night."

"I will go back to sleep in an hour or so. It's almost my 11th Birthday. Aunt Petunia and I celebrate at midnight every year." Harry explained to his beauty.

He turned to look at his aunt as her alarm went off. He turned his attention away to look at his beauty, who slithered from her spot on the bedside table to coil up on his chest next to his little one. Petunia left with a quick kiss on Harry's forehead as Harry looked at his beauty with a thoughtful expression.

"My beauty, I still need to give you a name. You and my little one both need names. Would you like to help me?"

"Yes, but nothing over the top. I want something simple as a name." She paused in thought for a moment. "And perhaps in a different language? Yes, I would like that."

"I'll think of some names then." Harry let a soft laugh out.

Harry and his beauty sat in silence watching the little one sleep. Petunia could be heard moving around downstairs in the kitchen for a couple minutes before the sound of footsteps on stairs met his ears. Petunia pushed the door open with her foot as her hands were full of things needed to celebrate Harry's 11th birthday. Petunia happily set a white square box down before setting plates, silverware, and two empty glasses. She gave Harry a look that he knew meant 'stay put' and swept out the room.

Harry laughed as he moved his little one and his beauty moved to curl up with her. He made his way over to the small table to set up for when his aunt came back. As he set the last fork in place she opened the door carrying two small wrapped packages and a jug of milk.

"Happy birthday, darling." She set her load on the table next to the white box. "I thought you might like something other than my old cakes this year."