Chapter 3

I do not own Harry Potter and I am not making a profit from my fan fiction.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

"Talk"

'Think'

"Parseltongue"

Chapter 3 - Gringotts

Petunia watched her nephew in delight. He sat in the front seat of the car with her but he couldn't keep still. He kept talking to his snake and playing with his baby ferret while shifting every few minutes. She even though she saw the snake hit him with its tail the last time he moved. Petunia hadn't seen her beautiful nephew act his age in a very long time. Half way through the trip Harry started bouncing name ideas with his aunt. He was surprised how many names she knew for beauty and little one. Petunia gave him African, Japanese, Celtic, French, Arabic, Egyptian, Greek, Latin, Gaelic, and even Persian names. In the end, he decided on Amara for his beauty. It was Arabic and it meant Eternal Beauty. His little one though was still nameless. Before Harry could debate more names with his aunt they came to a stop a block away from the Leaky Cauldron. Looking down at his little one Harry smiled to see her eyes open for the first time. He gently put her back into his sweatshirt pocket.

The walk to the pub was quick. Out of habit of wanting to be touching his aunt he held onto her hand the whole time. When he saw the pub he pulled his aunt into it. Petunia laughed at his excitement and let him. The pub was dark and dirty looking. People were smoking so the air was thick and heavy. Harry didn't like it and by the look on his aunt's face, she didn't either. Harry watched how everyone in the pub turned to look at them as they made their way to the bar. He could understand why they looked. All the people in the pub were dressed in robes. His aunt dressed in light blue long sleeves cotton dress that stopped at her ankles with a pair of black Mary Jane's. Her hair was down to her shoulders and a little curly. Harry was wearing a pair of black jeans with black trainers. He had a black tank top under his emerald green sleeveless hooded sweatshirt. His black hair was brushed back into a low tail at the base of his skull, parted in the front just right to cover his scar. He also had his black and emerald shoulder bag ready to hold all his purchases until he got his truck.

Petunia ignored the looks with grace. She stopped at the bar and smiled at the man behind it cleaning a glass. He paused in his work to look the two of them over before giving a smile back. "Hogwarts bound?"

"Yes sir," Harry answered bouncing on the balls of his feet. Petunia smiled and the barkeeper let a laugh out.

"I'm Tom. I run this place. Give me a moment to put this glass away and I'll take you to the gateway into the ally." Petunia was able to say a quick thank you before Tom turned away. He was quick to make his way around the bar to lead the way.

"I am Petunia Evans and this is my nephew Harrison Evans." Petunia introduced them.

Tom paused for a moment. "Evans? You wouldn't be related to the late Lily Potter 'nee Evans would you?"

Petunia hesitated to look around at all the people around them. None of them paid them any more interest. "She's my baby sister. Harrison is her son."

"Ahh," Tom smiled at them as he continued to lead them to the back door. "She came in here a lot. Used to talk about her sister she called Pet. I met her at school; I was in the seventh year while she was in her first. We became friends at the end of the year. She loved talking about you. I even met young Harrison a couple times when she and James came for a visit and talk." Tom stopped at a brick wall at the end of a small alleyway outside the back door. He turned to Harry with a smile as he held out a hand, "It's nice to see you again Harrison."

Harry smiled back taking his hand in a firm shake. "It's pleasure to meet you, sir, please Harry is fine. Thank you for not giving me away in there."

Tom let another laugh out as he let Harry's hand so. "Your mother was a good friend and a good person. You were a delight to have here when you were brought. If you wish to go by part of your name instead of your full name, I am all for it. Your first trip to the Alley should be fun for you. If I let out your father's last name you would be bombarded the whole day."