chapter 48

Chapter 48: Beginning of the End

I do not own any part of Harry Potter.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

"Talk"

'Think'

"Parseltongue"

"Nightshade"

Chapter 48 – Beginning of the End

Harry couldn't understand how the headmaster of a school full of children could endanger students by hosting a war within the school's halls. Harry, the Pack, and the Venatores were getting attacked every time they ventured out of their common rooms or in the case of some Badgers and Lions, inside of their common rooms.

Harry sat in his chair in the Raven's common room silently as Luna and Sirius healed his Venatores after the latest skirmish. He glanced at the older follows, the sixth and seventh years. "My hunters, be creative but don't let it be tracked back to you."

Cedric turned from Luna to look at him. "Mercy?"

"At your desertion." Harry's voice was cold. "Marcum was almost killed yesterday. If they wish to play by those rules so will we and we will win."

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

"Harrison, I have received all the permission slips. I have contacted the Ministry for a testing instructor. They can have one here next weekend." Flitwick held him back after class. "Have you thought about what you will do after you have finished with your education?"

Harry smiled at his head of house, "Professor we both know what I will be doing. You can feel it."

Flitwick sighed but nodded. "I follow the Goblin Elders but we one of the few races that don't fall under one of the Lords. Please be careful Harrison, you have so much potential."

Harry laughed as he shouldered his bag, "Trust me when I say this

Professor, I know what I'm doing."

Harry left the classroom with a small smile on his lips. Neville stepped up beside him as he passed the door. "All good?"

Harry nodded, "Everything is fine. We get to test out next weekend."

"What do we do until then? What should we do this weekend?" Neville asked as Hermione and Draco approached, discussing their last class.

"I want the Venatores ready for us to be gone. We also need to prep Minerva and Severus for their roles when Dumbledore is no longer the headmaster." Harry led the group past the great hall. He led back to their common room where the Sirius was helping the others with advanced spell work.

"Hey pup," Sirius called in greeting before he was pulled back to his teachings.

Draco sat on the couch with a sigh, dropping his bag at his feet tiredly. "I have never had to dodge so many spells, hexes, and curses in my life. Alpha why can't we just slip poison in his lemon drops?"

"Dobby tried yesterday. He said the headmaster checks them before he eats them." Hermione grumbled into her latest research project Harry tasked her.

Harry paused, surprised and looked at Hermione, astonishment clear in his emerald eyes. "You asked Dobby to poison Dumbledore and he did? Why didn't I think of that?"

The Pack laughed at his oversight. Harry sunk down into his chair with a pout.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

"What happened?" Harry growled, shooting to his feet. Tom remained seated on the couch, Amara and Nightshade curled in his lap. Cedric shifted Luna's body, so he could bow without hurting her wounds. Neville approached his enraged Alpha calmly, to calm. "Neville, what happened?"