chapter 31

Chapter 31: World Cup

Ah, my lovelies I have come baring gifts…well, a gift. A new chapter just for your enjoyment. As normal I have slaved over my computer to make this appealing creature we all call a story so please read, read to your heart's content. That does interest you all does it? Fine, the real gift is that Tom makes an appearance in this chapter. Enjoy.

I do not own Harry Potter...(cry).

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

"Talk"

'Think'

"Parseltongue"

Chapter 31 – World Cup

"Aunty is that Severus I hear in the background?" Harry teased. He sat in a café with Sirius and Remus waiting for Hermione. As per their agreement at the beginning of summer Harry dialed Petunia's number for their daily talk but when she answered he could hear Severus.

Petunia huffed. "Yes, and not one word out of you about it either."

Harry grinned at Remus' raised eyebrow. He could hear every word thanks to his wolf hearing. "But Aunty your son and I have been waiting for this since my 12th birthday. We even made a bet on how long it would take you two to get together."

"Harrison Evans!" Harry snickered as his aunt's yell.

"Well, I'll let you get back to your date. Love you, talk to you tomorrow." Harry laughed as he ended the call. "Severus is going to kill me when he sees me."

Remus laughed. "I think this is great. Did you know that they were childhood friends? Your father caught Severus writing her a letter once when we were in school and when he made fun of him your mother laid into James like you wouldn't believe. Your father never said a word about it again."

"Really? When did they stop talking?" Harry asked. His Aunt never mentioned him when she spoke of her childhood.

Sirius was the one to answer. "I was with Lily when she noticed that the letters had stopped. She confronted him. He had taken the dark mark and didn't want to draw attention to the only Muggle he cared about. I though your mother was going to kill her best friend that day."

Harry didn't ask another question. The waitress stopped by the table for the third time to flirt with Sirius, who for all his charm and joking was very loyal to his mate. Harry could tell that both his godfathers were getting agitated by the girl. "Ma'am, can we have two strawberry milkshakes and two orders of chips please?"

The girl turned from Sirius to him with a bright smile. "Can do honey. I'll have it out ASAP." She turned back to his godfathers. "Do you want something too?"

Remus gave her a thin smile. "My husband and I will have chocolate milkshakes."

The girl went red from embarrassment realizing what she had done. "O-oh, yes. I'll have those right out?" Remus just nodded. She scampered away as quickly as she could to fill their order.

When the poor girl was out of earshot Harry laughed. Harry did feel bad because no one really noticed that his godfathers were an item. "I think you two need to get rings. That poor girl."

Remus only smiled. Sirius drew his mate in for a kiss.

"Harry!" Hermione's voice pulled his attention to the door where she stood with her father and a woman that could only be her mother. Harry stood from the booth and opened his arms in an invitation. She took it without hesitation. "Oh, Harry I have missed you. Talking on a phone or mirror just isn't the same."

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

"Harry, Hermione we need to get going. We still have a hike to do after we get to the Weasley's house." Sirius called down the hall to the guest room where Harry and Hermione were.