Chapter 8

Talk"

'Think'

"Parseltongue"

Chapter 8 - First Day

It was amusing, the different reactions the teaching staff had to Harry and the others sitting together with out any bloodshed to be seen. Harry mused silently to himself that Hogwarts might not have ever seen a group as mixed as the one he was now sitting with since the founder's time. Some of the teachers look on at them with astonishment and amusement but a few look on in disgust like they couldn't believe that a diverse group could be around each other. Harry truly didn't care what any of them thought. When they were given their schedule Hermione was bouncing in her seat.

"Our classes must be mixed." Hermione scanned her schedule, grabbing Harry's and Neville's to compare without any warning. Harry only chuckled at the excited girl while Neville looked at his hands in confusing wondering where his schedule went. With a nod of her head, Hermione handed Harry and Neville their schedules back after comparing them to her own. "We can always eat together so we can see Fred and George too. I say we eat lunch over at Hufflepuff."

"Dinner at Slytherin." Draco added, "That way we can eat breakfast at Gryffindor." A thought must hit him as he groaned after offering. "We are breaking so many unwritten rules."

Harry laughed as the twins wrapped an arm each around Draco's shoulders teasing him about such a statement. "Oh, but it will be so fun to see-"

"- the faces of the house we sit at." The twins gave an evil looking grin.

"We need to play nice or the Professors might make us all sit at our own tables." Hermione scolded the twins.

"Yes ma'am" The twins saluted her but their eyes kept darting around the room like they were planning as many ways to get into trouble as they could. Harry got the feeling that they would get along very well.

"Finish eating. We won't want to be late to class. Snape doesn't like me as it is." Harry added a piece of toast and two bacon strips to Neville's small plate of eggs. Neville gave a sigh but didn't complain, eating everything on the plate.

"Uncle Severus doesn't hate you, Harry. I asked Father and he told me Severus had the misconception that you would look and act like your father. He never told me why that could be bad but I guess they didn't get along." Draco added more bacon to his plate and took a drink of his pumpkin juice before continuing. "I bet he didn't even know he was one of your godfathers. He takes responsibility seriously and being a godparent is a serious responsibility in the wizarding world. He would have wanted to be around."

Harry nodded. "I guess that's why he stayed in the medical wing with me when he found me in there."

Fred looked up from his plate of bacon. "Medical wing? Harrison, were you hurt?"

"No, not really. My home life isn't the greatest because of my muggle uncle and cousin. My aunt wanted me to have a full checkup to make sure there was no permanent damage. There were only a few bones that needed to be re-broken and fixed." Harry shrugged not really caring that he was able to tell them about his home life in even the smallest sense, that included the chip.

Hermione slowly set her juice down and cleared her throat. "You are abused?"

"It's in the past. My aunt is moving into a place down in Hogsmeade and opening a little café. When she is settled and set up I plan to press charges for neglect, child endangerment, battery, and attempted murder. Those will only be in the muggle world. I know the Wizarding world have stricter laws about children so I'm going to have to talk to a law Witch or wizard." Harry finished the last of his tea and grabbed his bag. "I have everything taken care of Hermione, so don't worry." He smiled at her before turning to Draco who had his own bag ready. "I'll see you at lunch Hermione, twins. Neville, we'll sit together in Defense yes?"