Chapter 43

Chapter 43: Start of Summer Meetings

Hey, reader, I know it's been a time but I am alive. If no one has noticed I have been going through the chapters of this story and fixing any problems I find or adding to places. I hope this only makes the story more enjoyable for you all to read.
I

do not own Harry Potter and I am not making a profit off of my fan fiction.
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
"Talk"
'Think'
"Parseltongue"
"Nightshade"
Chapter 43 - Start of Summer Meetings
Harry set a small crystal bowl filled with cut bread onto the low table beside the glass bowls of red wine and fresh strawberries. He sank down to sit comfortably on his knees. He relaxed with a single exhaled breath and while he didn't need to speak out loud he did anyway. "I cast this circle to keep all harm out. I cast this circle with offerings." Very simple and informal but that's how he wanted it. This wasn't a big ritual but a simple daily offering, even if he was nervous about the meeting he was to attend in less than two hours.
"Are those for me childe?" Harry smiled at Mother Magic's voice.
His eyes opened to see her sitting on the opposite side of the table. "Aren't they always Mother?"
Her cloaked form shimmered until a blond haired child of six in a white sundress that contrasted against her golden tan skin sat before him. Her blue eyes sparkled in happiness as she reached for one of the strawberries. "You always leave me an offering in the mornings yes but you have never stayed to receive me."
"I didn't think you wanted to be bothered every morning by me." Harry admitted. She held out a strawberry and Harry took it. "I can say if you would like me to."

Mother Magic laughed, her form changing into a middle aged Asian woman with short brown hair and hazel eyes. "You are fine my childe. I enjoy your presence." She took a sip of her wine, eyes watching him. "You worry about the coming meeting. Don't. You will do what is needed, my daughters assured me of that and now I will you. You are a natural leader, they will listen when you speak."

Harry sighed. "I believe you, I just worry that I will speak the wrong words and then they will no longer listen. I am still young, I have no illusion of that Mother, and as such these people may just dismiss me because of my age no matter all I have done so far."
Mother Magic's head tilted as she observed him, her form changing back to her origanal one. Her movements were slow as she placed her fingers on his forehead, on his scar. "This mark on flesh was gifted by my daughter Fate." She dropped her hand to his shoulder. "My daughter Luck put her mark in your bones." She moved again so her hand was over his heart. "My brother chose to mark your soul." She pulled her hand away once again. Harry thought she was just going to pull away but he was proven wrong when she grabbed his left wrist. She turned it so the underside was barred. "You by choice chose your blood as my mark's place." She swept her thumb across his pulse point. A blood red star sunburst the size of a sickle appeared on his skin. "This is my mark, wear it proudly and do not doubt."
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
'Alpha is this wise? Will they even listen to what you have to say?' Neville asked, following Harry down to the hall to the meeting room.
'Relax Neville. Even if they don't believe what I say they won't attack us. We are invited guests. If they tried to harm us they would be declaring war on the British Ministries. That is not something they can afford.' Harry paused in front of the imposing door separating them from the whole Gardiens de Magi counsel. 'Stand strong, heads high. You three are of the Pack. My elite Venatores. Don't let them see weakness.'
Amara shifted around his shoulders so her head was at the hollow of his throat. "Master will I be allowed to bite?'
"No my beauty. We are trying to get allies not enemies." Harry stroked her scales. He had convinced Nightshade to say back with Luna but Amara hadn't wanted to leave his side."Be still and watch everyone."
Harry took a deep breath and glanced back to Hermione and Draco who stood right behind him. Neville stood at the back, protecting the small group's backs. He let some of his magic flow so his eyes glowed. Hermione stepped forward to fix his circlet so the runes subtly glowed as well. They were all in their uniforms and ready to face those behind the door. Hermione stepped back to take Draco's arm and Harry turned to the door once again. A flick of his wrist had the door opening.
They stepped into a large room with about a hundred people already waiting. They were all seated in rows of chairs facing a platform in the center of the room. It reminded Harry of the courtrooms at the Ministry of Magic in London. Harry saw Fleur first and as such gave her a nod that she returned. She sat with a woman who looks almost identical to Fleur and an older man with stern eyes but laugh lines around his mouth. Fleur got her eyes from her father. Fleur and her parents were sitting in the middle section of the room. Hermione noticed Viktor and smiled at him while directing Harry through the bond to where the young man sat. Viktor was in the far left section of the room. Harry and Viktor nodded to each other before Harry led his Pack to the empty chairs beside Fleur. As she was the one who vouched for him, they were her responsibility. It was a risk but she hadn't worried doing it and for that Harry was grateful to the young sat one seat over from Fleur. Hermione sat between them. Draco sat beside Harry and Neville beside him.