Chapter 41

Chapter 41: Third Task

Hey everyine. I have a new chapter for you all and even as I post this I am starting the next one. I hope you all enjoy.
I

do not own Harry Potter and I am not making a profit off of my fan fiction.
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
"Talk"
'Think'
"Parseltongue"
"Nightshade communication"
Chapter 41 - Third Task
Dumbledore threw one of his glass orbs at the wall of his office just to see it shatter. He didn't understand it. Harrison couldn't be that powerful. That morning when he went to 'save the day' for Cedric, Harrison was already there with his Pack. Cedric was awake from his coma and laughing at something that had been said. It shouldn't have been possible. There was only one spell that could reverse the one Cedric was under and there was just no way the Harrison Potter was powerful enough to do it. Dumbledore slumped down into his seat.
He had called the old crowd after the tournament yesterday but he couldn't make them understand why Harrison was a threat, he was their savor, the Boy Who Lived. They ignored him. While Dumbledore had argued with them he took note that some of his pawns hadn't shown up. Sirius, Remus, Tonks, Moody, and Minerva were missing. He was losing people. He needed to gain there faith again.
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
"Master what are we doing here?" Nightshade poked her head out from under Harry's loose hair.
Harry set his book down with a tired sigh. Draco glanced at him but soon turned back to his own book after noting Nightshade nosing Harry cheek. They, along with Hermione, were sitting in the Shrieking Shack waiting for Sirius, his Venatores in the ministry, and a few hopefuls to show up. Sirius had asked for the meeting so he could introduce his cousin to them as a hopeful recruit. Nymphadora Tonks was a Aurora like Sirius and she was a metamorphmagus like Ginny. If this worked out Ginny could have another teacher, one who has first hand knowledge of the lessons being taught and they would have another in the ministry. That was what he needed right now.

"We will leave soon my little one. After this meeting you can go play with Amara and Elmeca down in the chamber." Harry gently rubbed her head. She closed her eyes under his touch. Harry was about to pick his book up again when he heard the door down stairs open. 'Company is here.'

Draco slipped his book into his robe pocket while Hermione shuffled her papers into a neat pile. The stairs creaked as the weight of bodies moved up them. Gemma Farley was the first into the room with Carter right after. They were talking to quietly to each other but they both bowed their heads, neck bared, to Harry when they stepped through the door. They took seats on one of the three couches Harry transfigured for them with a flick of his hand. Sirius came in leading the hopefuls; one Nymphadora Tonks, a Gwain Hartter, and Amelia Bones. Remus was the last into the room, keeping an eye on the hopefuls.
"Lord Alpha, this my cousin Nymphadora Tonks. She just graduated Auror training from under Mad-eye Moody himself." Nymphadora smiled nervously as she shifted foot to foot. Sirius pushed her down on to the second couch.
"This is Gwain Hartter. He's a secretary for the unspeakable." Gwain was a thin, unmemorable brown eyed, brown haired mouse of a man. Harry though could 'see' the magic the man held and it showed his vampiric magic. Contrary to popular belief, there weren't more then a hundred turned vampires in the magical world and most muggle vampires were killed. There were about two hundred born vampires and less then fifty ancients all together. Gwain was one of the born, still young by the feel of his magic. Harry nodded to him as Gwain ducked into a small bow. He sat beside Nymphadora.
Sirius moved onto the last person with a grin. "And this ladies and gentlemen is Amelia Bones, Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement and a respected member of Wizengamot." Amelia Bones was a firm looking woman but he could see the caring person Susan spoke of. As Amelia was Suzan's aunt and guardian Harry had gotten much information on the woman before the meeting was even planned. Harry waited for her to sit next to the others. Sirius and Remus took standing positions, one behind his chair and the other in front of the door.
"Welcome. For the ones who don't know me, I am Harrison Evans Potter. I am the Grey Lord. The three of you were chosen for this meeting because my Venatores found you to have potential. You three have agreed to this meeting with full knowledge that if you do not leave here with your loyalty sworn and a mark on your neck you will forfeit your memories of this day." He received three nodded. "Then let us begin."
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
"Welcome back. How did the meeting go?" Ginny smiled up from her spot on the floor in front of the fire. Her hair was spiked, short, and Slytherin green while her eyes were mercury silver.
Harry set his bag down with a sigh. "It was long but successful. The information Susan gave us about her aunt following the Old Ways was a big help. The only one who gave us any trouble convincing was a born vampire. He was young, only about a century or so."