Chapter 6

I do not own Harry Potter, do not sue me.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

"Talk"

'Think'

"Parseltongue"

Chapter 6 – Hogwarts Express

The week at Malfoy Manor was the greatest fun Harry had in a long time. He learned so much from the Malfoys and they had no problem answering any of his questions. It was the last day. Tomorrow Draco and Harry left on the train to Hogwarts. Right now Harry was looking through the library alone. Draco wanted to go with his father to the ministry, while the lady of the house was reading in the parlor. This morning Harry had looked through all his books to see if he had any left to read when he came across the Blood Magic. He was wary of it but the incident with the mirror kept flashing in his head, his mother's face, and her words. He needed to know more without jumping head first into lessons. He slowly went section by section looking for any reference to blood magic. He couldn't find any. He started taking books down and skimming through them in hope of something.

He never noticed the lady of the house enter the library or come up behind him wondering what he was doing. "Harrison, what are you looking for?" Her voice was light and soft. Harry was barely able to stop himself from jumping in surprise.

Harry placed the book he was searching through back onto the shelf before turning to face her. Narcissa stood in a silk black dress with a book in her hands and an eyebrow raised waiting for an answer. Harry thought through all his options, he could lie, or he could just come right out and ask. After all, they have been truthful about everything else he asked. The fact stood though, Blood magic was classified by the ministry as a dark art. Harry bit his lip looking up at her. He made his decision.

"Madam, can you tell me anything about blood magic?" Harry watched as the question was processed before the shock set in. Her eyes widened momentarily before she hid it all behind her finely crafted mask.

"Harrison that is the Dark Arts you are asking about. How did you hear about such a subject?" Narcissa hide her shock behind her mask as best of her abilities and to anyone else it would never have been seen but Harry was able to see it, along with the nervousness.

"I heard of it when I was in the muggle world. I found a reference in a book. I hadn't read it all of it but it was just a broad overview of different branches of magic thought to have been practiced at one point in history. I wanted to know if it was true and what it really was. The book did say that Blood magic was grey and not dark." Harry lied to ease her fear and nervousness in hope that she would tell him what he wanted to know.

Narcissa gently led him over to two green velvet chairs in the back of the library where they could see out the grand ceiling to floor windows if they wished. "Harrison, the Ministry has banned all types of magic. Grey was grouped with Dark, Neutral was grouped with Light. Many families who were taught Grey or Dark arts were killed because of their knowledge in those Arts. Those are very dangerous subjects." Narcissa watched Harry take in all she said. He continued to look at her with curiosity but he also added in some apprehension to keep up the act. "Blood Magic is the most dangerous of magic's a person can try to use. It's in the same branch of Grey Arts as necromancy. Only if you screw up and summon something you can't control with necromancy you always have safeguards in place. In blood magic, you have no safeguards and if you do not have the 'proper blood' or power, your own blood will turn on you, killing you in a slow painful death. The last true Blood user died over two hundred years ago."