chapter 46

Chapter 46: In the Blood

Hello, my loyal lovelies, I told you I would be updated at a more regular time frame and I plan to keep my word. If I have to be away for a period of time in the future I will place an alert on here but for now, enjoy the new update!
I

do not own any part of Harry Potter.
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
"Talk"
'Think'
"Parseltongue"
"Nightshade"
Chapter 46 – In the Blood
"My beauty, I think it is time to put the toad out of her misery. Nothing can be found when they go looking for what killed her." Harry stroked her head as he spoke
"It will be my pleasure. She has hurt too many of the hatchling for my tastes." Amara set off to bite the pink toad she had been hunting since the beginning of the year.
'Little One will you go to Tom and keep him out of trouble? He had been restless since I left.' Harry watched Nightshade scrabble down from his lap to go visit her second favorite human. Tom had a habit of letting her sleep draped around his neck and feeding her snacks whenever she woke. Harry found it adorable but never told the Dark Lord that.
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
Morning came early for the Pack. Harry's magic was dancing around the room flashed of shadows, waves of soothing heat, and shards of coldness.
"Alpha what has you in a good mood?" Draco asked as another ribbon of Harry's magic wrapped around him, petting him.

The whole Pack watched amused as Harry continued to hum as he read. It was rare for him to allow his magic free reign. Each brush of his magic sent a shiver down their spines. Ginny slipped into his lap, pushing the book out of her way. Harry just rearranged so that he could hold onto her and read his book. Her head was tucked under his chin listening to his humming.

Hermione huffed, "We're not going to get an answer from him right now, are we?"
"Nope." The twins answered together. They glanced at each other before looking back to their Lord. "If he's in this good a mood than we will find out why soon enough."
"Breakfast," Harry's voice broke in. The Pack turned their attention back to him. Harry looked up with a smirk. "You will find out my reason at breakfast so get ready my Pack."
Everyone scrambled to get dressed and have their bags filled with all the supplies they needed for the day. Whatever had their Alpha in a good mood could only mean good things for everyone.
Harry waited while his Pack got ready. Amara was draped around his shoulders hissing in a content manner. Harry almost wanted to tease her that it was her own form of purring. The Pack finished and Harry led them to the great hall.
The Pack sat at the Slytherin table, looking around for any indicators of what Harry was happy about. It wasn't until Neville noticed Sirius sitting at the head table that something clicked. "Alpha, where is the toad?"
The Pack snapped their head to look at the head table where all the teachers sat, including one Sirius Black in the DADA seat. Ginny giggled happily at the new development. Luna smiled sweetly while softly singing, "The toad was found dead in her bed with no snake insight."
The Pack grinned at each other. As one they turned to their Alpha looking for details. Harry kept his eyes on his godfather like he couldn't feel their curious gazes but he didn't withhold the smirk of triumph. Let the school know, let Dumbledore know, he won this round. He was the one who kept the students safe, not the Light Lord.
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
Harry was sitting in the Raven's common room when he felt his mirror activate. He almost laughed because only one person would be calling him at this time. He slipped it out of his shirt and activated a privacy charm around his chair. Luna glanced over at him but then turned away with a smile.
"Hello Tom." Harry purred answering the mirror, leaving it to hang around his neck small.
"Hello, My Little Alpha." An undertone of hissing had Harry chuckling. Tom was mad about something.

"Is Nightshade behaving herself?" Harry continued to look through the reports his Venatores from the Ministry sent him. Tonks was able to get an abundance of information for him on the workings of the different departments.
A meaningless harsh hiss caught his attention from the mirror. "Your ferret is a menace. She has ridden a rat of mine. One that still had use."
"Ahh," Harry hummed. "The rat that you've had hidden from me and my godfathers. That is a true shame."
"My Little Alpha, you will have to make up for my loss." His voice turned to a smooth purr.
Harry grinned in amusement. "I have a meeting with the Centaurs this coming weekend. Shall I come join you for dinner after I finish?"
"I will meet you in our clearing." The mirror deactivated as Harry mussed in amusement that the clearing that they sealed their alliance is now 'their clearing'.
He put his mirror away and took down his privacy charm. Luna glanced him with a secretive smile. He motioned her to him. Luna happily skipped over to settle in his lap. "Alpha is going to be busy with the Dark Lord this weekend."
"Anything I should know about little moon?" Harry settled his arms around her as he watched the common room. Students were scattered around in groups talking or studying.
Luna tugged on a strip of hair that escaped from his low ponytail. "You should have your hair braided back when you meet the Centaurs and wear your crown."
Harry looked at her cloudy eyes, interested in the new information offered. "And why is that?"
Luna's eyes cleared as she smiled up at her Alpha Lord. "It would serve you well to look close to your best."
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
"They came in!" The Pack looked up at the twin's shout of excitement. The founders paused in their own talks to look out at the Pack.
Ginny looked confused at the workshop door. "What came in? What did the twins order?"
"They ordered some ingredients from the wolves but they never get that excited." Neville paused to examine the door like it would give him the answers he sought. "Didn't they say they finally designed the perfect battle gear for the Pack? Could that have come in from the Goblins?"
"The design that they spent two days working on with the Goblins this summer? Maybe. It's been long enough for them to have finished." Hermione shrugged.
The twins burst out of their workroom with a large box hovering behind them. "There finished! They have come."
Fred swept his had dramatically, "Ladies, Gentlemen and our Lord Alpha,"
"We are proud to present you," George spun and placed the box on the table.
Fred moved to stand with his brother, "A masterpiece that took months to perfect,"
"Many hours of negotiations with the Goblins," George grinned excitedly.
"And many galleons to get made." Fred almost pouted about that.
"We present the Pack's new armor." They finished together.
Fred pulled a wrapped package out of the box first. He opened it and started holding the pieces up one at a time. "For the ladies, we have a calf-length dragonhide skirt. It has slits up either side for mobility. A pair of pants that will be skin tight but that makes fighting easier. The top is a halter top vest so the front laced up and it has two almost un-noticeable pockets with extension charms on them. To complete the look, we have knee-high lace-up battle boots and battle cloak with tight sleeves. The whole ensemble is made of dragonhide treated in a number of potions made by your loveable twins to enhance durability, protection, and movements. And to stay with our custom it was dyed and spelled to be our trademark shifting grey smoky color. The cloaks also have our Pack mark on the back in black acromantula thread."
Fred passed out the female outfits while George started to show off the male version. "For the males, we have the pants, boots and cloak, all same as the ladies. The shirt is also vest style because this style is easier to put on. What my dear twin forgot to mention about all of these is that the underside has a layer of acromantula silk for comfort and it is spelled to keep the wearer warm in cold weather or cool in hot. The best part is the goblins had used their own magic to make it fit perfectly to the wearer and re-adjust for growth."
They pass out the packages to the males, leaving two for themselves. Harry sat, Luna curled up in his lap, waiting for his. The twins smirked looking at him and he rolled his eyes. "Alright my twins what did you do?"