chapter 45

Chapter 45: The Pink Toad

Hello, my followers! I have returned.( I sound like Tom lol) I am so sorry for the long wait but thank you for returning to this story that I have worked so hard on. I will try to update on a regular time table again. I am so grateful to have my dedicated audience with me for the duration of the story. I love and adore all of you.
I

do not own any part of Harry Potter.
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
"Talk"
'Think'
"Parseltongue"
"Nightshade"
Chapter 45 – The Pink Toad
"Who is that? Is pink the only color she owns?" Hermione watched the female teacher at the head table. Harry glanced in the woman's direction. She sat next to Severus, who looked like he was sucking on a lemon. The woman, pink cardigan and all, reminded him of a toad.
"I think that is our new DADA teacher," Neville muttered back. "I have a bad feeling about this year."
Harry couldn't agree more. The woman was going to cause trouble for them. Luna nodded her head though she didn't speak of what she saw. 'Eyes open at all times. She is to be treated like Dumbledore.'
'Lovely.' The twins chorused together.
Neville sighed between them. 'This year is already starting off wrong.'
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
It was two weeks into the school year when the start of the trouble the Pack new would happen came to light. Harry was sitting in the Ravenclaw common room when he was approached.
"Harrison, may we speak to you?" A little first year Raven asked hesitantly. The first-year girl, Mary Giller and her twin sister Larri stood before his chair in the Ravenclaw common room clutching their right hands.

Harrison set his book aside to give the girls his full attention. Something was wrong. He sent his magic out to wrap around the pair and felt pain from them. "What can I help you two this evening?"

Mary boldly stepped forward with her right hand extended. Harry glanced down and felt his blood go cold. On the back of Mary's hand, cut into her skin, was 'I will not gossip in class'. Harry glanced at Larri and saw the same words cut into the back of her hand as well. "What happened?"
Mary started crying. Harry's magic lashed out in anger causing the shadows around the room to dance wildly and the air to chill so much that every exhale of breath could be seen. All the talking in the room silenced as eyes turned to their king. It was rare that he lost his temper in such a way. They looked for a cause for his outburst but saw nothing besides the sisters.
Larri, in place of her sister, spoke, "Professor Umbridge made us write lines with a quill that used our blood during detention. She said we couldn't go to Madam Pomfrey."
Harry pulled his powers back under control. The room slowly returned to its warm temperature with a silent heating charm. He reached out, settling his magic around the cuts but couldn't make the skin knit together. 'Draco get Severus now. Direct him to the Ravenclaw tower.'
'On it,' Draco replied without hesitation.
Harry stood from his chair, eyes searching the room. "Who else has had detention with Dolores Umbridge? Stand now."
Luna cast sad eyes around the room while Harry locked down his magic so it wouldn't harm anyone in the room with the rage he felt as three more first years, two second years, and two third years stood. Harry was just happy that none of the older students stood but at the same time, he was pissed because that meant the toad was targeting the younger and weaker students.
'Call a meeting in every house. I want every student who has had detention with the toad checked now. She has them writing lines with a blood quill.' He growled into the bond. He felt a spike of shock and anger return at his announcement.
'Many of the Lions have served detention with her.' The twins reported before they even gathered the Gryffindor students.
'Get me numbers. I will speak with Severus and professor Flitwick.' Harry ordered. He turned to the closest seventh year. "Dolly go get Professor Flitwick."
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
Harry was beyond angry. He was furious. He felt the Pack bond humming in the back of his mind but otherwise, he was left alone. The teachers couldn't do anything besides give the abused students a potion to heal their hands. While the teachers are restricted by the position the toad acquired within the school, Harry was not.
He let his magic simmer under his skin as he set the last candle up in the ritual circle. It was risky, to use a ritual he made up on the spot but he knew it would work. His movements were being guided by something as ancient as Mother Magick herself.