Chapter 44

Chapter 44: End of Summer

Hello, my loyal readers. I know, believe me, I know, that I have been gone a while and I'm sorry to inform you that I will be leaving for a time again. I hope you all can forgive me for it but as soon as I get out of USMC Boot I hope to have time to write some more.
~

.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
"Talk"
'Think'
"Parseltongue"
"Nightshade"
Chapter 44 - End of Summer
"Tom if you aren't going to be helpful please leave." Harry glared at the said man.
Tom smirked at him, his red eyes gleaming with amusement. "Come my little Alpha, you have been going through that paperwork all morning. We have a meeting with Greyback this evening and you leave first thing tomorrow morning. I think a lunch break is in order."
Harry sighed in mild frustration. "I feel the urge to hex you." He put the papers down anyway. A week in France had concreted an alliance with the Gardiens de Magi and the neutral Lord. He was meant to return back to England yesterday with Draco, Neville, and Hermione but Tom had convinced him to have dinner, which turned into dinner and a long walk down the historic district and a debate on proper dueling form. Harry hated to admit it but he was coming to enjoy Tom's company. "Alright, where do you want to take me today?"
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
"You are no longer allowed to meet with the creatures I have alliances with," Tom muttered. Harry swallowed his chuckle at the Dark Lord's pout. "First you take my potion master and now you take my werewolves."
"I will have to tell Severus that you classify him as a creature." Harry laughed, ducking a curse Tom threw his way. He gave a swift mocking bow. "My apologies, oh great Dark One. I will relieve you of my presence so you may go about your brooding in peace." He ducked one more curse before he used apparition to leave. Harry landed outside of his godfathers' home. He didn't knock, already knowing they knew he was there.

"Cub, I'm glad to see you in one piece. Your Dark Lord let you go?" Remus hugged Harry as he entered through the door.
"He's not my Dark Lord uncle." Harry chuckled. He released Remus only to be snatched up by Sirius. "Sirius! Put me down!" Harry laughed even though Sirius only hugged him tighter.
"How was the meeting with Greyback?" Sirius set him down with a happy grin.
"It went well. He was already an ally to Tom but he swore his loyalty to me. Tom was unamused about it." Harry left his bags by the door knowing that Dobby would deal with it. "I have a few more meeting planned for this summer but to be truthful I can't wait for school to start again."
Remus set the tea kettle on the stove. "It will be here before you know it. What will you do next year?"
"I plan on turning the students against Dumbledore. The best way to control the people is through what they are permitted to learn. I plan on getting either one of Tom's unmarked or one of my marked to replace him." Harry pulled down three cups from the cupboard before sitting down. "I need to speak to the twins because they keep hinting that they may not wish to finish school."
Remus shrugged, "They don't really need to finish if they take their Owls and Newts, which they can do at the Ministry. The question is what do they want to do?"
"Joke shop." Harry and Remus both give Sirius a confused look. Sirius shrugged, "They don't talk as quiet as they think, and they wanted to ask me a few questions about the pranks we played back in the day."
Harry chuckled. "They already have a thousand gallons for a down deposit on a building in Diagon Ally. I have been letting them keep the rest of the plan close to their chests without interference from the rest of us."
"What of the rest of the Pack?" Remus brought the tea over and poured it into the waiting cups.
Harry poured some milk into his. " business as usual. We will be on high alert, though. Tom mentioned that the ministry is sending one of theirs and none of my Venatores have been able to get me a name. The person is being handpicked by the Minister. I may have to add or subtract plans when I know who it will be."
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
"Ah, how the summer has flown. Can you believe that we only have two weeks before we go back to Hogwarts?" Luna hummed from Harry's side where she was curled up. Draco and Ginny sat across from them in the carriage.
Ginny tugged on the belled sleeve of her velvet renaissance dress in the same shifting gray the Pack was fond of. "I can't wait, but then again I just want this meeting over with."
"It's going to be fine. The Vampires just want to confirm that I really am the Grey Lord. They have stayed out of the war as a whole, a few individuals side with Tom and Dumbledore has sent a few people to try and sway them but they haven't sworn loyalty to any since the last Grey Lord. We are not here for that. We just want to make sure that if they aren't on our side then they aren't against us. We do not want them fighting us." Harry reached over to fix Draco's hair. He swept the bangs to the side.
"And we had to dress this way why?" Ginny tugged the bodice of her dress this time. Harry smirked at her. The dress was beautiful but dated, even by wizards.
Draco rolled his eyes, smacking her hands away from the dress' pearl beading. "You will ruin it if you keep messing with it. You look fine. The vampires we are going to meet with requested that we dress as such."
Luna grinned, eyes glancing down at her own dress. She had chosen the simplest renaissance dress she found so she only had a black ribbon wrapped around her waist four times as a belt before it dropped down to the left of her hip. She pulled on her sleeves, which were clenched at the elbow and at her wrist. "I like them."
"Alpha didn't wear any Renaissance wear." Ginny pouted.
Draco thought it was unfair as well even if he wasn't in the court style clothes of the time. He was in black long pants, dragon hide boots, and loose ruffled longs sleeve shirt with a heavy coat that fell to his knees. He glanced over at Harry. His Alpha was in his leather trench coat, emerald long sleeve shirt under it, black slacks, and dragon hide boots just like when they were meeting with the Dark Lord before. Ginny had even won the argument about Harry wearing his circlet. Luna had also gotten him a new earring, this time it was a skull with a silver pentacle hanging from it.
"I would love to see someone try to make our Alpha dress like this." Draco shared a look with Ginny. Laughter exploded at the image that filtered through all of their heads, a chibi Harry dancing around a fire throwing all the clothes into the flames while he giggled gleefully. "Oh lady, Luna where do you get this from? Oh, I can't breathe."
Harry just grinned, even when the twins pushed into the link. 'What sparked that image? Mom thinks we are sick because we choked on our food. A little warning would have been nice."
Luna sent the conversation over to them as the carriage came to a stop. Harry opened the door and stepped down. 'Twins we will talk after the meeting.' A human butler waited at the steps of the stone mansion.
"Lord Harrison Potter Evans, Welcome. Lord Damelcon is waiting for you with Master Gwain Hartter." The man greeted with a bow.
Harry helped Luna out of the carriage. She curled her hand around his arm as they waited for Draco to descend down with Ginny on his arm. "Very well lead the way."
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
"Who is that? Is pink the only color she owns?" Hermione watched the Female teacher at the head table. Harry glanced at the woman's direction. She sat next to Severus, who looked like he was sucking on a lemon. The woman, pink cardigan and all reminded him of a toad.
"I think that is our new DADA teacher," Neville muttered back. "I have a bad feeling about this year."
Harry couldn't agree more. The woman was going to cause trouble for them. Luna nodded her head though she didn't speak of what she saw. 'Eyes open at all times. She is to be treated like Dumbledore.'
'Lovely.' The twins chorused together.
Neville sighed between them. 'This year is already starting off wrong.'
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
Okay, this is where I leave you all this time. I swear I will not forget this story and will continue it