Chapter 14

Chapter 14: Summer Starts

My devoted follower! Welcome, welcome to my story. I hope you continue to enjoy. I also fixed the Yule part. I am sorry I have had my own Yule celebration preparation on my mind.

I do not own Harry Potter. I only own my story idea. Do not sue me.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

"Talk"

'Think'

"Parseltongue"

Chapter 14 – Summer Starts

Harry sighed as he walked into Hogsmeade. Hedwig went ahead before he left for the carriages and his things were shrunk in his pockets. Amara was wrapped around his neck sun bathing and Nightshade was sleeping in his hoodie's hood. The village was calm with people walking around from shop to shop. He paused at the sight of Evans Café.

Petunia had worked hard to set up the café. It was painted light green with golden vines going up the left side of the door. A small iron gate set the boundary around the property. Four iron outdoor tables with chairs were set up, two on each side of the door. Harry walked past all the people sitting at those tables. An older man opened the door to leave and held it open for Harry. Harry nodded his head in thanks. The inside, Harry decided, was nice. The walls were painted green and gold accents. The floor was hard wood, light in color. A counter stood on the back wall. It had a turning display of sweets like cake, candy, and pie. A door behind the counter led to the kitchen, if Harry had to take a guess. Wood tables were scatter around, all being used at that moment. There were booths in each corner also all full.

Harry felt his Aunt moving around the back when he spotted Dudley setting down a sub order. Dudley wore black dress pants with a gold shirt and a black half apron showing he was a waiter. Dudley looked up at the right moment to see Harry looking at him. He froze but quickly shook it off. He gave a friendly grin. "Hey Harrison. Welcome home."

Harry paused, had his cousin changed that much? He released a little of his magic. "Hey Dudley. How've you been?"

Dudley waved him over. He made his way to Dudley who led him behind the counter and into the kitchen. "I'm good. I wanted to apologize about how I acted growing up. It wasn't right. That was not how family was to act with each other. I hope you will give me a chance to get to know you as a person and not as the freak that needed punishment my father always made you out to be. Please accept my apology even if you don't want to try to be family with me."

Harry felt his magic pulse. Dudley was being truthful. He wanted a chance to be a family, a proper family, with Harry. Harry pulled his magic back in and gave his cousin a small shy smile. "I appreciate the apology and accept it. I like the idea of us being a family."

"Thank you Harrison. Mom's cooking back there. I need to get back to work." Dudley pointed to an open doorway to the left. He gave one last grin to Harry before leaving.

Harry smiled looking around the room. It had two large tables in the middle with lots of baked goods and homemade candies. The walls had shelves full of decorating things like icing, sprinkles, loose candy, and all the containers to help put them all on. He moved to the door way. His aunt wore a full apron with a simple blue summer dress under it. She was humming and swaying as she made something on the stove.

"Hey Aunty. Did you miss me?" Harry watched Petunia jump, spinning around. A happy smile grew on her face as she turned the burner off.

"Harrison!" She wrapped him in a hug. "My baby, of course I missed you."

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

"Harry, why don't you invite Miss Granger and those twins, Fred and George, over for a week? You said that Hermione didn't like the idea of being away from magic for a whole summer and that the twins had a large family with no place to made their products, so invite them over. We have more than enough room." Harry followed his aunt up the stair to the living quarters. He couldn't stop smiling. As much as he loved Hogwarts it didn't have his aunt there. "It seemed that your family liked having room in their home. The whole upstairs is like a mansion. It has seven bedrooms, three full bathrooms, a sitting room, library, kitchen, dining room and a place for the four house elves. Magic never stops amazing me with what it can do. When i came to look at this place I thought it would be a small apartment but no, I walk in to find a house bigger than anything i ever thought we would live in."