Game Rules

Hello.

Welcome to Paw Patrol: The Call Of The Hound.

This story is an interactive story, meaning you, as the reader, can have some input on how the story goes. If you've read/voted on my previous interactive story, Murder At The Mansion, you might have some familiarity with how I will format this. However, unlike that story being a "Who Did It" type of game, this is a more simple and traditional Choose Your Own Adventure type of game. To participate, reading the rules, while not required, will help you a lot in following along with the game. 

Here is how you play:

You will be given some text that follows along like normal fanfiction. However, at specific points or at the end of the text, the characters will have to make a choice which you will make by leaving down a vote.

For example, say that the story has Chase be given a choice of either going hiking with Skye or going to the beach with Zuma. The choice would be formatted as such:

Should you...?

Go hiking with Skye.

Go to the beach with Zuma.

You will then leave a vote in the comments announcing what you vote for. You can list a reason why, but I don't need to see one. All you need to do is list what you are voting for and it will count. Now, like MATM, you are allowed to discuss which option(s) would be the best, but you don't have to do any of that. 

Everyone gets one vote per chapter. No taking back your vote. Everyone can vote whenever they want as long as it is within the required deadline to put your vote in.

To spice things up, though, you have been given a few lifelines to help you guys out.

Savior:

This ability can be used to automatically make a good choice for a character. For example, if they are put into a situation where they might die with the wrong choice, but you guys are unsure what choice it is, or even if a character might die at all, you can use Savior to make the correct choice. In order for Savior to be taken into effect, the majority has to agree to want to use Savior. Also, you only get to use it once, and you are not allowed to vote for a choice if you vote to use Savior.

Once you announce you would like to use Savior, you cannot take back your vote or change it to pick a choice. If the majority agrees to use Savior, it will be used.

Sacrifice:

This ability is also like Savior, where the majority agrees to use this ability. However, it works differently:

Unlike Savior, you cannot use it whenever you want. Instead, you can only use it on certain choices when I say you can. However, like Savior, you cannot pick a choice if you vote to use Sacrifice, and once the majority agrees to use it, you cannot use it again.

When a sacrifice is used, the person named to be sacrificed will die. However, another character will reek a couple of rewards: Firstly, they will automatically make the correct choice for you for that choice once people have voted for a sacrifice. Additionally, no matter what, the second choice you make will not result in a character's death even if it was supposed to. Once the third choice comes up, they are vulnerable to death again. Now, just because they can't die does not mean they can't be injured, so look out for that.

Here is how a sacrifice would be formatted:

Two paths... but which is the correct way?

Left.

Right.

Sacrifice: (Everest dies, Marshall lives).

Soul Coins:

Over the course of the story, you might screw up by picking the wrong choice and end up getting a character killed. That is when soul coins will come into play.

At the start, you will have zero coins. However, as previously mentioned, if any character were to be killed, you will gain a coin, with you being able to collect a maximum of three soul coins. Note: Using a Sacrifice will not grant you a soul coin.

Once you have at least one soul coin, you are given the option to use them in a choice, (unless otherwise stated.) If the majority agrees to use a soul coin, you will lose one, but the best choice will automatically be picked. There are no side effects to using a soul coin other than losing it, so if you feel it is necessary, feel free to use it.

Here is how it would be formatted:

Two paths... but which is correct?

Left.

Right.

Use a Soul Coin: (1 Remaining).

Remember, you only get Soul Coins by having characters get killed, and you only get three of them. If a fourth is killed, you will not get one.

And one more thing; this story will not only feature major character death, but the deaths mentioned will be very graphic, detailed, and have a high amount of gore. If you are easily disturbed or do not like reading about death, this is highly not recommended for you.

That's all for now. The first part should come out relatively soon, but until then, see you there!