Part 18

Skye stared at the chocolate Labrador in debate, whom was starting to get impatient from Skye's silence.

"Hmph. If you're not going to tell me, then I'll just be on my way," Zuma huffed before turning around and began to make his way out of the room. Skye, in a panic, probably shouted something she could have worded better.

"Chase told me two nights ago they were going on a mission to kill a wolf monster!"

Dead silence filled the room for a few seconds before Zuma swung around to face Skye, with his jaw almost becoming unhinged from how low it was.

"Wait, what?!"

"We need to hide from that thing!" Marshall exclaimed. Everest, nodding in agreement, suddenly turned to run inside the building, with Marshall close behind.

The hound was starting to cover ground faster, however, and was going to catch up to him. Using the last bit of energy he had left, he pushed himself to get to the door which Everest had already reached.

"Marshall, hurry!" she shouted at him, but her shouts were covered by the savage snarl of the wolf behind him. It was so close to him that Marshall could swear he could feel its hot, sharp breath.

However, Marshall would not be giving up that easily. Kicking his legs up in the air, he launched towards the door before the beast could take him...

And he just about made it before Everest closed the door on it!

BAM!

The sound of what appeared to be the wolf slamming its body into the door rung through the entire room, even shaking the fur on Marshall's and Everest's body. Sighing, Marshall turned to Everest, who was glancing around the room. It was a very small room compared to the building, having only two doors; one which led to a pretty large cafe of sorts in front of them and the other going to some sort of gift shop.

BAM!

Marshall and Everest jumped when it banged on the door again, slightly shaking the door off its hinges. It was trying to get in.

"We have to do something before it gets in," Everest whispered, glancing back to the other doors. Any of the options were better than this room, though she had a feeling that some options were better than the others. The question is... which is better?

Cafeteria.

Gift shop.

Savior is available; Sacrifice is not.

Very short chapter, yet important. You've also decided to use the last coin you have; you still have one you can get, but only after someone dies. Until then, Savior and Sacrifice are the only things you have left.

Voting ends October 7th. Good luck.