Part 10

Hi everyone.

Sorry for the wait, I have been busy working on other things. But this part is finally done!

So, a couple of things to go over:

Firstly, I know I have not updated Off Duty for a while now, but I promise an update for that is almost ready. And I do mean that, since I plan to release it, at most, a couple of days from now.

Secondly, if you all have read my last interactive story, I teased two stories: Double-Sided Fate and Deserted Remastered. But I have given no news of them since.

What happened to them, then?

Well, I was too busy with this one, along with Off Duty, but I'm finally ready to work on both. So, if you're interested, keep a lookout for both of them.

Now, onto the journey once more.

Ryder shook his head at the blood. As curious as he was, it was also possibly dangerous. Plus, even if Ryder would find someone, there was no way he could help them. He had to focus on his dogs first, and then get out before he could encounter the creature again. With an unusually overbearing sense of guilt, Ryder continued down the original path, hoping his pups were still okay.

With his head flooded with thoughts, Chase figured the store should have the medical supplies he desperately needed. After all, even if it was abandoned, there still should be some things there, right? And usually, stores have some kind of first aid, so Chase figured that was the best choice.

However, he remembered how far away it was supposed to be. It was only a few minutes away, but the problem was that Chase did not know if he could make it with his injuries. The hot, searing pain in his leg began to engulf it until the only feeling in his leg was pain, and his headache continued to get worse. But seeing no other choice, Chase believed he had to stick through it.

'Come on, Chase. Don't die yet. You survived an encounter from that thing, you can survive this,' Chase thought, trying to reassure himself. Although admittedly providing little to no effect on his motivation, Chase stood up, ignored the continuingly growing pain in his leg and chest, and limped his way to where the store would be.

The journey to the store, although short, was so hard on Chase that when he reached the steps to the store, he collapsed to the floor, exhausted, hurt, and dizzy.  He was surprised by how injured he seemed to be, considering the fall was not large by any means. But then again, he was just a pup, and throwing himself outside a window was bound to cause some types of injuries.

Still, it seems as if he did not get treated soon, he would be too weak to walk. However, standing up proved to still be a difficult task, one that did not help his nausea, but he still tanked through the pain as he walked through the doors.

The first thing he immediately noticed was the smell. Something was clearly rotting and decaying and it overpowered Chase's nose. Once he shook it off, however, he observed the small store carefully. The layout resembled more like a gas station, with a few isles of snacks, drinks, and a small section for toys and merch.

No medical supplies.

Groaning, Chase next checked the cashier's place. There was still a register to Chase's surprise, but it wasn't like money would be important for him right now. He checked all of the cabinets and other places he might expect a first-aid kit to be.