Part 2

Dr. Raven felt his body give slight shivers as the cool wind swept by him in the hallway while he lit his cigarette. As he leaned against the wall and awaited the response from Ryder and Mayor Goodway, he contemplated whether or not this was a good idea to bring children to help them. Sure, they were talented and had skills they lacked ever since their numbers went dry, but they weren't equipped to deal with the beast he was unfortunate enough to encounter. And despite him being the one to bring up the idea to a desperate police department, he regretted pushing this idea. 

But who else would help them? They were the only ones kind enough, (or crazy enough,) to not only listen to their story but to actually consider helping them. Everyone else thought they were crazy. And in truth, they most likely were. But to have an entire town be scared to death about getting hunted by a wolf, and having all of that burden lie on you? You become desperate to get rid of it.

His thoughts were cut short as the door in front of him swung open, with Ryder stepping out. A slight grin appeared on his face as he removed the cigarette from his mouth.

"We've decided that I, Chase, Marshall, and Everest will go with you."

"I'm assuming that they are the best you have then?"

"Considering the situation, yes," Ryder replied. He gave a small nod, then turned down the hallway.

"Very well. The train leaves tomorrow at 7, so be there before then. I will be waiting there for you and will give more insight on the train."

"Alright. Glad we could help."

"And I'm glad we actually got it for once," Raven said with a sigh. Ryder gave a quiet nod as the Dr hoisted up his suitcase from the ground and began to walk away. The boy turned to Goodway, who was still trying to observe the man still as he walked away from them.

"I kind of feel bad for him, with us being the only people listening to him."

"You can't deny that the story seemed a little too far-fetched, but I do hope that you can help him and all of those people the best you can," Goodway replied. With a simple nod, Ryder gave two words as his reply:

"Me too."

The bustling train station was even more vibrant with life than Ryder expected, but that was probably due to it being a Saturday. He had no idea that the station just outside of Adventure Bay was this busy, especially it being a small town, but at least he had Raven there to guide them.

Fumbling through his folders, he hastened to pack up the remaining supplies he wanted to bring onto the train. Meanwhile, the Paw Patrol examined the train, with Marshall, Chase, Everest, and Ryder preparing to give their last goodbye to their friends for the week.

"Katie will help you guys with anything you need in case you do, but for the most part, you guys should be able to handle it. If something comes up, handle it as if I were there. We'll try to finish as quickly as we can, but we might miss the party."

"Wydew, are you suwe you'll be safe?" Zuma questioned. Ryder turned back to Raven, who was handing in their tickets to get on the train, then back to Zuma.

"Yeah, I'm sure we'll be fine."

Chase and Skye were snuggling with each other, not wanting to let go, but they both knew Chase had a duty to do. He broke their embrace and looked back to Skye.

"I'll be back soon."

"Stay safe Chase. Please."

"We'll be fine. Ryder is coming with us."

While Chase was with Skye, Ryder was going over to Jake and Everest, who were saying their goodbyes as Everest prepared to leave on her mission.

"Hey, Ryder."