Year 1 - I slept in

"Y/n. Y/n wake up" Fred says shaking my shoulder.

I slowly my eyes and stretch out my legs. "What time is it?" I say yawning.

"9:30" he says.

"What?! My first class started 30 minutes ago. I can't be late on my first day, I am so dead." I say rushing to get up off the couch. "Why didn't you wake me sooner?"

"I only just woke up too. I woke you up as soon as I woke up. Sorry." He says guiltily.

"Yeah well maybe we shouldn't be falling asleep with each other on the couch again." I say and turn and walk up to my dormitory.

I quickly get dressed and get my books together for Transfiguration. I was so mad at Fred; I was most looking forward for Transfiguration and now I was going to be late. I couldn't believe him. I rush down the stairs and run into Harry and Ron.

"You late too?" Harry asks.

"Yep. Let's go." I say and we rush out of the common room and into our Transfiguration classroom, only 45 minutes late.

We open the door, and all the students are already writing things down with their quills, but there's no teacher. Only a cat sitting on the desk at the front. I see Hermione and she rolls her eyes at me and continues her work.

"Made it." Ron says. "Can you imagine the look on old McGonagall's face if we were late?"

Suddenly, the cat on the desk turns into McGonagall and she walks over to where we were standing, not looking happy.

"That was bloody brilliant." Ron say

"Well thank you for that assessment Mr Weasley" She say to him. "Perhaps I would be more useful if I were to transfer Ms Granger and Mr Potter into a pocket watch. That may one of you might be on time."

"We got lost." I say trying to cover for us.

"Then perhaps a map. I trust you don't need one to find your seats" she says, and I walk over and sit next to Hermione.

"Where have you been?" she says.

"I slept in." I say

"Funny. You weren't in your bed this morning." She says and I don't have an answer.

The lesson goes by quickly and Hermione aces all the spells, no surprise there. I manage to get majority of them not long after my sister, but she still gets all of the acknowledgement as always. 

The class finishes and Hermione and I pack up our stuff and walk to Potions together. At least I'll be on time this way.