Year 1 - What if you get expelled?

"Y/n! What were you thinking? Now you're in trouble. What if mum and dad find out? What if you get expelled? Oh no. I knew you shouldn't have gone up there." Hermione runs up to me rambling.

"Woah, calm down. I'm sure it's nothing bad." I say trying to calm her down.

"Y/n? You coming?" Harry walks over and asks me. I nod to him and walk off leaving Hermione behind.

Me and Harry walk together behind McGonagall, I look over at him and know that he's thinking exactly the same thing.

We're screwed.

We completely disobeyed Madam Hooch's instructions, and I threw an object at another student causing them to fall off their broom. If that's not reason to expel us then I don't know what is. I mean, what else could McGonagall want us for?

Following McGonagall into the castle, I begin to become more confused rather than worried. She led us completely passed her office and Dumbledore's. Where else could she be taking us?

She leads us into a classroom where our Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher, Professor Quirrell, who has a severe stuttering problem, is teaching a class whilst holding an Iguana.

"You two wait here." She says to me, and Harry and we listen, afraid to do anything else.

"Professor Quirrell, excuse me, excuse me. Could I borrow Wood for a moment, please?" She asks him.

"Oh. Y-yes, of course." He says, stuttering as usual.

A boy stands up, who I'm assuming is Wood – what a strange name to have – and walks over to us.

"Potter, Granger, this is Oliver Wood. Wood, I have found you a Seeker and Chaser!" McGonagall says, causing me and Harry to look at each other with slight fear and confusion.

"Wonderful, thanks Professor. Training starts tomorrow. I'll see you there." Wood says in a heavy Scottish accent.

What have I gotten myself into?

                                                                                   (---)

Me and Harry walk back towards the others and meet up with Ron as he's leaving class

"What did McGonagall want?" Ron says to us.

"She wanted us to join the Quidditch team." I say

"Yeah, we're the new Seeker and Chaser."

"Seeker and Chaser? But first years never make their house teams! You two must be the youngest Quidditch players in..."

"A century, according to McGonagall." Harry says

"Bloody hell"

Suddenly two identical red heads appear beside us.

"Hey, well done, Harry, you too Y/n, Wood's just told us!" One says, which I work out is Fred.

"Fred and George are on the team, too. Beaters." Ron says to us.

"Our job is to make sure that you don't get bloodied up too bad." George says to us.

"Can't mess up your pretty face now can we, love." Fred leans down and whispers so only I can hear.

"Can't make any promises, of course. Rough game, Quidditch." George says.

"Brutal. But no one's died in years. Someone will vanish occasionally..." Fred says as we walk off in a different direction from the twins.

"But they'll turn up in a month or two!" George shouts over to us.

"Oh, go on, Harry, Quidditch is great. Best game there is! And you'll be great. You too Y/n!" Ron says to us.

I see Hermione sitting over by a bench with a book and wave her over to the others.

"Good job y/n, Quidditch is hard to get into your first year. We'll read book though, you'll be prepared." Hermione says and links arms with me as we walk up to the other two.

"But I've never even played Quidditch. What if I make a fool of myself?" Harry says.

"You won't make a fool of yourself." I say to him, trying to cheer him up.

"It's in your blood." Hermione says, causing all three of us to look at her in confusion.

"What do you mean." I ask

"Honestly, don't you three look around the school?"

She quickly rushes off inside the building me, Ron ad Harry hurrying off after her. We stop when when we get to a glass display cabinet and points to a plaque inside, listed with players names. One being James Potter, Harry's dad.

"Whoa, Harry, you never told us your dad was a Seeker too. That's wicked."

"I-I didn't know."