Year 1 - Slytherin's Screwed

"Take a bit of toast, mate, go on"

"Ron's right, Harry. You're gonna need your strength today. You too y/n." Hermione says.

"I'm not hungry." Harry says

"Neither" I say throwing down my toast.

"Y/n eat." Fred, who's sitting next to me says.

"But I'm not hungry." I say

"I don't care, you need to eat."

"But – " I say

"I don't want to here it." he says holding his hand up to shush me. "Eat your toast before I shove it down your throat."

"Merlin you sound like mum." George says and Fred glares at him.

"Someone's miserable." I say nudging him whilst taking a bite of my toast.

"I just don't want you falling off your broom." He says looking at me.

"Aww Freddie, do you care?" I say

"More than you know." George says and I laugh.

"Eat." Fred says pushing the toast towards me.

"Yes mum." I say and he rolls his eyes.

Snape walks over to our table, which is strange considering he's a Slytherin.

"Good luck today, Potter. Then again, now that you've proven yourself against a troll, a little game of Quidditch should be easy work for you...even if it is against Slytherin. " He says limping away.

"Why's he limping?" I say

"That explains the blood." Harry says

"Blood?" Hermione asks

"Listen, last night, I'm guessing Snape let the troll in as a diversion so he could try and get past that 3 headed dog. But, he got himself bitten, that's why he's limping." Harry says

"But why would anyone go near that dog?" I ask. " I never want to see that thing again."

"The day I was at Gringotts, Hagrid took something out of one of the vaults. He said it was Hogwarts' business, very secret." Harry explains.

"So you're saying..." I say

"That's what the dog's guarding. That's what Snape wants." Harry says

We all here an owl screech and look up to see Hedwig and my brown owl both flying in with long packages.

"Bit early for mail, isn't it?" Hermione says.

"But I-I never get mail." Harry asks confused.

"Let's open them." Ron says.

The four of us all start unwrapping the packages to reveal two brand new broomsticks.

"It's a broomstick!" Harry says.

"Really? Hadn't noticed." I say and we laugh.

"That's not just any broomstick, you two." Ron says. "It's a Nimbus 2000!"

"But who...?" Harry says.

"And why?" I ask

"Look at you having a fancy broom love." Fred says.

"Slytherin's screwed." George says and high fives his twin.

Harry nudges me and motions over to McGonagall where she's sitting with both of our owls next to her and smiles over at us. We both smile back at her, knowing what she means.