Year 1 - Don't start with me Frederick

We find out way into the classroom and sit down at the first group of seats we come across.

"So you weren't in your bed." Hermione says, "Where were you?"

"Oh I was asleep on the couch." I say surprised that she didn't see me laying on it as she left the common room.

"Huh. Are you sure? Because I only saw George or whoever he is asleep. Then again there might have been someone next to him."

Crap

"Just be careful y/n. They're two years older and known for being pranksters. Just don't get caught up in the wrong crowd."

"Hermione you need to calm down. Nothing's going to happen, right now I just want to focus on learning my way around the castle so I'm not late again.

Just at that moment the classroom door bangs upon and Professor Snape barges in.

"There will be no foolish wand waving or silly incantations in this class. As such I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle-science and exact art that is potion making. However, for those select few," I see him stare at Malfoy, "who possess the predisposition I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory and even put a stopper in death."

"Wow that was a little intense." Hermione says

"I know right. I feel like I might enjoy this class though." I was always messing around with science kits when I was younger so I feel I may fit right in.

"What on earth is he doing?" Hermione asks me.

I look over at Harry who is carefully writing down noted to everything that Professor Snape is saying.

"I have no idea." I say giggling slightly.

"Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts with in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confident enough to not pay attention."

I nudge Harry's shoulder to stop him from getting into as much trouble. He quickly looks up and then put his quill down to listen in class.

"Mr Potter. Our new celebrity." Professor Snape says in his distinctive slow speech. "Tell me what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?"

Hermione's hand goes straight into the air. I look over at her slightly annoyed. Yes I'm a know it all but I know when it's an appropriate time to raise my hand and this clearly was not one of those times.

Harry looks at Hermione clearly thinking the same thing and shakes his head no to the answer.

"You don't know. Well let's try again." Professor Snape says. "Where Mr Potter must you look if I asked you to find me a bezoar?"

Oh that was easy, Harry has to know this one. And of course Hermione's hand stays firmly in the air, even though it isn't her question to answer.

"I don't know sir." Harry says.

"And what is the difference between monkshood and wolfsbane?" Professor Snape asks.

Hermione's hand once again in the air. I roll my eyes at her. Sometime my twin is very annoying.

"I don't know sir." Harry says.

"Pity. Cleary fame isn't everything Mr Potter." Professor Snape says.

Professor Snape gets us to brew a Boil-Cure Potion which of course Hermione does perfectly. But to her annoyance I brew it slightly better, according to Professor Snape. We pack up out stuff and she quickly leaves the classroom without me. I sigh and walk out slowly, being one of the only people left.

As I'm leaving the next class is getting ready to go inside. I figure out that they're third years when I see two ginger haired boys.

"Well if it isn't little Miss Granger." George says

"Hey, I am 7 minutes older, so if anything Hermione is little."

"Yes! Older twins unite!" George high-fives me.

'Yeah but it's not as fun to pick on Hermione." Fred says

"Don't start with me Frederick." I say

"Ooh aren't you a little bit feisty for an eleven year old." Fred says.

"I'll have you know that I will be twelve in 17 days." I say proudly

"Is that so? So you're saying that if you had been born 3 weeks earlier we could have you a whole year sooner." Fred says.

"Sorry to disappoint boys. Oh shoot I'm gonna be late to my next class. Bye." I say and rush off.

Before I leave I here George talking to Fred.

"She's too young for you mate."

"It's only a year and a half. I'm not gonna do anything yet anyway. But eventually maybe."

I blush and rush off to flying.