Year 2 - You're doomed

I wake up early next morning and slowly get out of bed. I put on my uniform and walk down the stairs into the common room. Hermione, Fred, George, and Harry are all sitting in the living room.

"Morning everyone." I say sleepily.

"Morning y/n." They all say.

"Where's Ron?" I ask looking around.

"He's still sleeping." Hermione says rolling her eyes. "Apparently he's 'deeply wounded' from the event of last night."

"Load of rubbish if you ask me." George says and we all laugh.

"Well I'm starving, let's get breakfast." I say and we all walk out and down into the great hall together.

(---)

"Morning everyone" Professor Sprout says as she walks into the herbology greenhouse.

"Good morning Professor Sprout." We chorus

"Welcome to greenhouse three second years. Now gather round everyone." She says motioning towards the table. "Today we're going to repot Mandrakes. Who here can tell me the properties of the Mandrake root?"

Of course Hermione's hand goes straight into the air.

"Yes, Miss Granger"

"Mandrake or Mandragora is used to return those who have been petrified to their original state." Hermione says

I decide that now would be a good time to interrupt my sister, because she doesn't need all the credit sometimes.

"It's also quite dangerous. The Mandrake's cry is fatal to anyone who hears it" I says and Hermione glares from me.

"Um well thank you other Miss Granger, in future maybe don't interrupt."

"Well to be fair professor, you only said 'Miss Granger' I was simply just confused on who you meant." I say with a sweet smile.

"Oh, um alright then. You both get ten points." Sprout says. "Continuing on then, as out Mandrakes are only seedling their cries won't kill you yet. But they will knock you out for several hours so I have given each of you a set of earmuffs. Now if you could please put them on."

I reach down for my earmuffs and place them on over my ears, making sure they are securely on.

"Now watch me closely. You grasp your Mandrake firmly. You pull it sharply out of the pot." She pulls her Mandrake out of the pot and the room is filled with a deafening scream.

Everyone reaches up to their earmuffs and pushes them closer to their ears, trying to block out the horrifying noise.

"And now you dunk it into the other pot and pour a little sprinkling of soil in to keep it warm."

Just as she says that Neville, who was standing opposite me, passes out onto the floor.

"Looks like Longbottom's been neglecting his earmuffs."

"No ma'am he's just fainted." Seamus says.

"Yes well leave him there, let's continue."

The rest of the lesson passes by slowly, filled with screams and thuds as people pass out. I'm glad to leave the classroom as soon as it's finished.

The four of us walk together towards the great hall for lunch, which has been long awaited.

"I am starving."

"You're always hungry Ronald." I say

"Well y/n, I'm especially hungry today because I didn't have breakfast."

"Maybe that's because you were too lazy to get out of bed." Hermione says.

"No, I was heavily traumatised."

"Shush Ron, no you weren't. I went through the same thing. No I went through more, I hung out the side of a flying car, and I'm fine. So such it up." Harry says leaving Ron speechless.

We sit down at the table and immediately Ron takes out his tape and starts trying to mend his wand. Which goes terribly.

"Say it. I'm doomed"

Harry and I look at each other, "You're doomed."

"Hi Harry!" Someone says and takes a photo with his obnoxiously large camera. "I'm Colin Creevey, I'm in Gryffindor too."

"Hi Colin, nice to meet you."

"Ron, is that Errol?" I ask looking up to the ceiling. Sure enough, Errol was flying in towards us with a letter in his mouth, and he land directly in the food.

"Bloody birds a menace." Ron grabs the letter and the bird flies away. "Oh no."

"Look everyone, Weasley's got himself a howler." Seamus says to the table.

"What's a howler?" I ask Fred who's next to me.

"It is absolute hell, just be thankful you're parent don't know how to send one."

"Take it you've had one then."

"Multiple." George chimes in

"You two need to learn to behave yourselves."

Fred leans down to whisper something in my ear, but is interrupted by Mrs Weasley's voice filling the hall.

"RONALD WEASLEY, HOW DARE YOU STEAL THAT CAR." I look over and the letter and transformed into some kind of mouth? And is talking, well yelling at Ron. "I AM ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED. YOUR FATHER'S NOW FACING AN ENQUIRY AT WORK AND IT'S ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT." The entire hall is silent listening to the letter. "IF YOU PUT ANOTHER TOE OUT OF LINE, WE'LL BRING YOU STRAIGHT HOME! Oh, and, Ginny, dear congratulations on making Gryffindor, your father and I are so proud." The letter rips itself up and the remainders of the paper fly down and rest in front of a bright red Ronald.

"Yeah I never want one of those." I say to Fred.

We all sit quietly at the table, and slowly people around us start to form their own conversations again.

"Um come on Ron, let's uh go to class." Harry says directing him out of the hall.

"I should probably go." I say to Fred and I rush out of the hall with Hermione following.